PDA

View Full Version : what is the best automatic taping tool for quality and price

tony e
30-11-2014, 08:07 PM
hi all,im in the plastering game and came across a job to tape & joint 35 3 bedroom houses.iv started & finnished one but it takes to long so wanting to buy a taping kit.can any of the lads on here tell me the ones to buy & ones to avoid as never used any automatic taping tools, i have been looking on the net & im swaying towords columbia full set ?cheers for any help.

kelly3a
30-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Hi Tony,
Columbia and tapetech would be the big 2 in the business but as with everything they are the most expensive, I feel as your taping jobs are few and far between you would benefit better with a level 5 kit. Good quality tools and alot cheaper than the other big brands, parts seem to be alot cheaper too. Gypsumtools should have everything you need. This of course is just my opinion and there are guys on here alot more expeienced than me so hopefully between us all you will find out what you need, good luck with it mate

tony e
30-11-2014, 09:35 PM
cheers 4 that kelly3a.ithink the columbia is the one 4 me becsuse im going to get in to the taping more these days. years of sand and cement render work has took its toll.hopefully the taping will b easyer.thanks for the advice

forestbhoy
30-11-2014, 10:15 PM
cheers 4 that kelly3a.ithink the columbia is the one 4 me becsuse im going to get in to the taping more these days. years of sand and cement render work has took its toll.hopefully the taping will b easyer.thanks for the advice

Columbia is not that costly and parts are easy to get hold of. Have you done a lot of taping before,used a machine before tony?

E.K Taper
30-11-2014, 10:21 PM
Can't disagree with Kelly post, Columbia is a good brand so is Tapetech. The level 5 tools look ok but never tried them.
Welcome to the forum by the way

tony e
01-12-2014, 08:38 AM
hello m8, never used a machine before seen them on sites and on the net but they look like i could get used to it prity easy.also not done much taping but the gaffa said my work is ok.so now im going to do more taping than plastering.chheers

tony e
01-12-2014, 08:41 AM
e.k taper. cheers for the advice.is there a good place to go for a good price

prjwebb
01-12-2014, 08:56 AM
They ain't as easy as people make them look! Boxes are pretty easy to get used to, but the taper and the corner tools are so dependent on having the right compound consistency and a lot of technique.
Well worth persevering with, but don't expect too much at first!
Belmore should be able to give you a good deal on a set!

Beermonster
01-12-2014, 09:16 AM
They ain't as easy as people make them look! Boxes are pretty easy to get used to, but the taper and the corner tools are so dependent on having the right compound consistency and a lot of technique.
Well worth persevering with, but don't expect too much at first!
Belmore should be able to give you a good deal on a set!
I,m with u there! They r not as easy as people can make them look!!:(
But 35 houses u should be somewhat up to speed!!:w00t:

tony e
01-12-2014, 12:40 PM
cheers for the advice lads i will give belmore a bell, see what i can sort out.going on site thursday with 2 tappers using there tools to show me how they work.hands on hopfully ill b ok

Kenya get over this
02-12-2014, 05:57 PM
You probably know already but if not, a crucial purchase should be an electric sander and hoover.

An absolute god send for drylining work,even more so for 35 houses!

tony e
02-12-2014, 06:54 PM
yes m8 got a sander, not the best but ill have to do with what iv got for now. as soon as wonga starts to come in ill get a better one.the 1 iv got is a fox 1st edition and i hear there shit but it will have to do 4 now cheers im gratefull for all the advice.cheers

tomg
03-12-2014, 08:19 PM
As an alternative, you could check prices / products with these guys:
SIG Distribution
Unit 2 Quadra, Sharps Close
Portsmouth, Hants, PO3 5PS
Tel +44 02392 696 733
Fax +44 02392 661 406
Portsmouth@siginteriors.co.uk

plasterking
11-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Really happy with my Level 5 set, cant fault it! Gypsumtools were really helpful and they also sorted me a deal out when i ordered extra bits to go with the kit i ordered.

Hope this helps

kelly3a
12-03-2015, 07:31 PM
Hi plasterking,
By any chance have u got a level 5 extendable box handle? Thinking of buying one soon as but would like an honest reveiw first, thanks in advance