PDA

View Full Version : Fiba tape

drywall guy
11-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Looking for decent fiba tape. Something that doesn't fray at the edges and sticks flat to the joint, not like that thistle shit.

prjwebb
11-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Try fibafuse, a bit pricey but it works really well. More of a paper tape alternative than scrim though.
I know what you mean, finding a decent scrim is a mission. Happy to not be using it anymore.

mcfc
11-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Looking for decent fiba tape. Something that doesn't fray at the edges and sticks flat to the joint, not like that thistle shit.
Belmore used to sell" Grade 1 " scrim, that was really good but i cany seem to find it anywhere else. The stuff they sell now is ok,but i know what you mean abouy thistle expensive and shite, not a good combo.

wallpaul
12-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Belmore used to sell" Grade 1 " scrim, that was really good but i cany seem to find it anywhere else. The stuff they sell now is ok,but i know what you mean abouy thistle expensive and shite, not a good combo.

grade 1 is good tape.

drywall guy
12-12-2014, 01:25 PM
grade 1 is good tape.

Cant find it anywhere

forestbhoy
12-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Silver scrim is good as well, a bit more dearer though. Your right about gypsum though, like a lot of their gear, just not fit for purpose. Have you tried sheffield insulation or ndi ? ?

prjwebb
13-12-2014, 10:26 AM
I always hated that silver stuff, it's so thick. Ok in tapers but on butts I found you have to build it up to cover the scrim so much.

saleen836
13-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Silver scrim is good as well, a bit more dearer though. Your right about gypsum though, like a lot of their gear, just not fit for purpose. Have you tried sheffield insulation or ndi ? ?

I use the Speedline fibatape from Sheffields and it is really good.

Beermonster
14-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Use paper like real tapers!!!:p
Marcus has some good stuff at the mo!!