PDA

View Full Version : Product specific sites

Dillon
28-02-2015, 06:01 PM
More and more now I am finding that sites are insisting on a particular brand of materials, most are going with BG which IMO is good gear but just way too much money to make it viable, however contractors are paying a premium rate when forced to use these products.

So my question is :- where BG is concerned I like the filler but which is the best finish?, Joint cement or easy sand and where is the best place to buy as my usual supplier doesn't stock any of it.

prjwebb
05-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Joint cement got to the point of being unsandable. I had to stop using it. I'm not sure if it's improved but I'm preferring the Gtec and Freeman ready mixes now.

Beermonster
06-03-2015, 03:15 PM
More and more now I am finding that sites are insisting on a particular brand of materials, most are going with BG which IMO is good gear but just way too much money to make it viable, however contractors are paying a premium rate when forced to use these products.

So my question is :- where BG is concerned I like the filler but which is the best finish?, Joint cement or easy sand and where is the best place to buy as my usual supplier doesn't stock any of it.
If u have to use BG,
Get a load of old tubs of BG Light or whatever its called!
Then get onto Marcus and get some Freemans ready mix and put it in the old buckets and u will be sorted and paying at least half of what a bucket of BG costs!:w00t:
Freemans looks like BG stuff when in a bucket!!

devonpete
15-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Not sure if this helps but can in Exeter are doing me a good price on bg. Quicksand is 17 plus vat.
It's not very nice to use as it pin holes like mad on damp filler, so small houses can't be rushed.

Bg are the only winners. Average muck sold top dollar.