PDA

View Full Version : external roller handle

thfinisher
21-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Hi all first time on here,am using the external corner roller only gripe I have I the amount of excess that I have to take off is that normal, or I it that my mix is to thin thanks

Beermonster
22-03-2015, 07:03 AM
Hi all first time on here,am using the external corner roller only gripe I have I the amount of excess that I have to take off is that normal, or I it that my mix is to thin thanks
What r u putting on?
What r u using 2 put filler on the corners?
What roller u using? Not that should make much dif as they r all designed to push the mud out from behind the bead!

thfinisher
22-03-2015, 08:12 PM
What r u putting on?
What r u using 2 put filler on the corners?
What roller u using? Not that should make much dif as they r all designed to push the mud out from behind the bead!

Hi am useibg the bags of knouff ready mix the roller am useing is the sheetrock 90 degress roller then i first fillvwith knouff filler but th amount of excess in my mind is a lot am spending more time taking the excess off then hav to drop bak to fill out.were if a was useing th filler a very weak one then i could use the excess to fill th beads out only worry there if it sets in hopper

Dillon
23-03-2015, 05:56 PM
I use the same one, I just muck up the corner push on the bead then roll, no need to scrape off the excess just coat it up.

thomas.savage
23-03-2015, 06:36 PM
if ur using standard flex tape ie wondertex arrow ect best use a tape tech roller that made for that type of flex. other rollers tend to be for no coat staitflex type of bead. its super simple just put a inch wide 2-5 mm thick wipe of filler use a 5-6 inch knife put flex tape on pinch very slightly and maker sure its on square and top corners meet up and are flush.. then roll and coat up. trowle for two coat or 6 inch knife if its first of three. u want ur filler not super thick esle will give issues. if u find it hard...i recommend the job center;) or just knife in old skool its quicker if ur skilled big IF

Dillon
23-03-2015, 06:56 PM
As Tom said but I do like my roller if the boarding it good, as for quicker it might be by traditional method but the roller is deffo easier if you have the old arthritis in your thumbs like me. Where is the nearest job centre ;)

Beermonster
24-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Flex tape, Then sure as a bear chit's in the woods I would not use no roller!
Tried and tested and no way!:(
Paper face beads,Trim-Tex beads then that's a dif story!
I'm still trying to figure out if it's flex or what that ur putting on with a sheetrock bead roller!!

thomas.savage
24-03-2015, 04:41 PM
yes indeed lot of guys using flex tape with a roller are no dought using the wrong type of roller. nothing wrong with the tape tech roller thats special for flex tape though!!!!!!!  !!!!  !!!!
no need to get all sad faced about it lol

Flex tape, Then sure as a bear chit's in the woods I would not use no roller!
Tried and tested and no way!:(
Paper face beads,Trim-Tex beads then that's a dif story!
I'm still trying to figure out if it's flex or what that ur putting on with a sheetrock bead roller!!

Beermonster
24-03-2015, 05:36 PM
yes indeed lot of guys using flex tape with a roller are no dought using the wrong type of roller. nothing wrong with the tape tech roller thats special for flex tape though!!!!!!!  !!!!  !!!!
no need to get all sad faced about it lol

I have a roller for flex and it's chit!!
It's a sad face cause it's chit!:p
Up ur game to paper faced metal or TT beads and u will be:) Not sad!
Then again it depends on ur outlook on what quality u want to leave on ur job?:(

Dillon
24-03-2015, 05:37 PM
I use one of these with flex tale/ metal angle or what ever you like to call it, like I said if the boarding is good then its a dream.

http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Columbia_External_Corner_Roller.html

Beermonster
24-03-2015, 05:52 PM
I use one of these with flex tale/ metal angle or what ever you like to call it, like I said if the boarding is good then its a dream.

That's a roller for external paper faced beads!
Not for flex!
Hey but if it works keep at it!

thomas.savage
24-03-2015, 07:20 PM
thats the wrong roler for flex lol tried it belmore should not sell them to guys using flex tape. get the proper tape tech one you wont regret it m8. in exeter thurs will be flexing pop in and see for ur self m8.

thomas.savage
24-03-2015, 07:34 PM
umm dont really understand why you think the tape tech roller its shit. i dont need to UP MY GAME ffs. i get a well filled out square angle from using flex tape. trim tex i would consider for the extra strength on up rights but not for the 2 2m i get on site. i live in a house with flex tape on all outside angles there is no problem. its super simple flex and roller like i said i wipe in by hand at the mo. dont get a problem... happy sad i just take the simple route that keeps me sane.

I have a roller for flex and it's chit!!
It's a sad face cause it's chit!:p
Up ur game to paper faced metal or TT beads and u will be:) Not sad!
Then again it depends on ur outlook on what quality u want to leave on ur job?:(

Dillon
24-03-2015, 08:49 PM
thats the wrong roler for flex lol tried it belmore should not sell them to guys using flex tape. get the proper tape tech one you wont regret it m8. in exeter thurs will be flexing pop in and see for ur self m8.

Im sorry and apologies to Belmore too they didn't sell me the wrong one. I do have the tape tech one just couldn't find a link to it........until you named it. http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Corner_Rollers__.html

I blame my age, so where are you on Thursday

Beermonster
25-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Im sorry and apologies to Belmore too they didn't sell me the wrong one. I do have the tape tech one just couldn't find a link to it........until you named it. http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Corner_Rollers__.html

I blame my age, so where are you on Thursday
I also apologise to u all!
That roller is not the same as the piece of shit thing I got years ago!!:rolleyes:
But I did find it put's on TT beads pretty sweet!

Beermonster
25-03-2015, 08:23 AM
umm dont really understand why you think the tape tech roller its shit. i dont need to UP MY GAME ffs. i get a well filled out square angle from using flex tape. trim tex i would consider for the extra strength on up rights but not for the 2 2m i get on site. i live in a house with flex tape on all outside angles there is no problem. its super simple flex and roller like i said i wipe in by hand at the mo. dont get a problem... happy sad i just take the simple route that keeps me sane.
Do u not get probs with fastest sticking to the wheels?
Anytime I have tried a roller with fastest is a nightmare!!

Dillon
25-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Do u not get probs with fastest sticking to the wheels?
Anytime I have tried a roller with fastest is a nightmare!!

No mate I just keep it in a bucket of water and after each use just give it a quick spin, you know like rolling a sausage between your palms. I also made a smaller handle for mine which is a lot easier for windows ect.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p235/Dillon200/SANY0400_zpssw9dtvrk.jpg (http://s129.photobucket.com/user/Dillon200/media/SANY0400_zpssw9dtvrk.jpg.html)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p235/Dillon200/7ac7a825-4074-4e48-903e-de49366a474a_zps6yeuqcez.jpg (http://s129.photobucket.com/user/Dillon200/media/7ac7a825-4074-4e48-903e-de49366a474a_zps6yeuqcez.jpg.html)

Beermonster
25-03-2015, 11:56 AM
No mate I just keep it in a bucket of water and after each use just give it a quick spin, you know like rolling a sausage between your palms. I also made a smaller handle for mine which is a lot easier for windows ect.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p235/Dillon200/SANY0400_zpssw9dtvrk.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p235/Dillon200/7ac7a825-4074-4e48-903e-de49366a474a_zps6yeuqcez.jpg

That's the same piece of shit I have!!!!
If it's working for u keep at it but it's not for me!! Good for TT beads tho as I said!:eating-pie:

Dillon
25-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Oh well each to his own I guess, like I said works great as long as the boarding is good.

drywall guy
25-03-2015, 01:48 PM
You looking to offload your Tapetech externall roller ?

[QUOTE=Beermonster;17218]That's the same piece of shit I have!!!!
If it's working for u keep at it but it's not for me!! Good for TT beads tho as I said!:eating-pie:[/QUOT

Beermonster
26-03-2015, 10:41 AM
If I was getting 2 sqm I would b using paper tape LOL!:p
All our houses r done with flex and yea it hold's up but get into beads and everything is so much better! Blame Mr Belmore for my change:sneaky:

Dillon
26-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Don't laugh but I have been working for less.

thomas.savage
26-03-2015, 04:29 PM
tried some plastic beads belmore had up for 35 for box of 2.4 lenghts. thought they were shit! looked them up online as my method of sticking them on with filler and coating up was crap. they dont stick back firm and the holes in the plastic dont work. turns out your ment to fcuk about with glue spray AND staple the living jesus out of them. crap over complicated american bullshit of the first order. i would use the no coat type bead and some staitflex types fair enough. if jesus was glued and stapled to the cross their would be no easter eggs that sheet wearing hipster would of never got off the cross.

If I was getting 2 sqm I would b using paper tape LOL!:p
All our houses r done with flex and yea it hold's up but get into beads and everything is so much better! Blame Mr Belmore for my change:sneaky:

thomas.savage
26-03-2015, 04:35 PM
dont worry about it m8. @ 2 quid i can still cover 50-60 pound an hour. thats more than enough for a job mongaliod monkeys can do and will be doing if we all keep whining about the price. shame i spend all money on hifi should really get some spelling lessons lol

Don't laugh but I have been working for less.

Dillon
26-03-2015, 06:10 PM
50-60 an hour Tom you must be getting old lol

Beermonster
08-05-2015, 03:13 PM
I'm going to try this roller again next week I think!:(
Some1 sent me 30 rolls of flex and I suppose I will have to use it up!:sneaky:(Was ment to b 3 LOL)