PDA

View Full Version : Knauff ready mix

Dillon
30-03-2015, 06:47 PM
Any body know what Knauf ready mix easy sand is like to sand I have been using it today and TBH it don't coat up to bad.

TonyM
30-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Isn't it just Sheetrock, as they took over the UK side of the company? If so, you can sand that by just looking at it.

Dillon
30-03-2015, 08:08 PM
That's interesting Tony I actually quite liked it to coat up with, haven't tried boxing with it yet coz im on day work ;) Nice buckets so I blagged them.

DMC
01-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Good to use and sands a treat

Dillon
01-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Well Im in love with this stuff it boxed on great and internals went on like a dream, going to have to find a good source and work out some prices for it.

E.K Taper
01-04-2015, 09:47 PM
As said previously, sands very easy. Don't go near the internal angles with a new disc though! You'll be right thru to the paper:)

Beermonster
02-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Well Im in love with this stuff it boxed on great and internals went on like a dream, going to have to find a good source and work out some prices for it.
Ask Marcus,
As I know Knauf took over sheetrock Europe, But the buckets I still get have sheetrock on them with a little Knauf stamp on the side!
If it's just Knauf on the buckets it could easy be their own stuff which I did like! They had blue lids I think!

Dillon
02-04-2015, 05:30 PM
No mention of sheetrock on these buckets just says Joint cement light.

Beermonster
02-04-2015, 05:34 PM
No mention of sheetrock on these buckets just says Joint cement light.
Yea light joint cement was good stuff but expensive!
Never really trusted it for putting tapes on but I have never heard of anything going wrong that I've done!
Great to box with and float out beads etc.
And sanding was good as u can go a bit lower on the grit and it doesn't scratch!!!!:D

Beermonster
02-04-2015, 05:45 PM

I got mine from Dulux trade centre which would explain the price!
U prob got more options than I have up here.

James c
17-04-2015, 01:07 AM
i use it for spray plastering! Brilliant to sand!

philis66
17-04-2015, 01:45 PM
best of bunch especially 2nd and 3rd coats sands lovely .was £tenner tub when first start using it now getting £30

Dillon
17-04-2015, 01:57 PM
£30 a tub wow NOTHING is worth that

taperjoe
19-04-2015, 08:49 PM
deffo to expensive at 30 pound a tub..

Beermonster
22-04-2015, 09:16 AM
best of bunch especially 2nd and 3rd coats sands lovely .was £tenner tub when first start using it now getting £30

Holly chit batman!!:eek:
Get onto Mr Belmore(Marcus) U get 4 boxes of freemans for that!!:w00t:

Dillon
09-05-2015, 08:16 AM
Holly chit batman!!:eek:
Get onto Mr Belmore(Marcus) U get 4 boxes of freemans for that!!:w00t:

Funny you should say that I have just tried the Freemans and yes its great boxed on great and internals too, havnt sanded it yet but don't see a problem with that either. Trouble is as a house basher working for a pittance I just cant afford to use it and nor do the people I work for deserve quality gear for the rates they are paying. So sorry Marcus it will have to used for private work where I can factor it into the price.

belmoreboy
11-05-2015, 08:36 AM
Funny you should say that I have just tried the Freemans and yes its great boxed on great and internals too, havnt sanded it yet but don't see a problem with that either. Trouble is as a house basher working for a pittance I just cant afford to use it and nor do the people I work for deserve quality gear for the rates they are paying. So sorry Marcus it will have to used for private work where I can factor it into the price.

Have you seen the price - its cheaper per kg than you may realise

Beermonster
11-05-2015, 11:30 AM

£7.50 a box which works out at the same volume as a bucket!
If u can buy any buckets of readymix for that price please tell me where and what kind is it?:confused:

thomas.savage
11-05-2015, 02:32 PM
arrow per ltr mixed is £0.45 freemans per ltr £0.53. not much in it. sad to say every time i phone up to order get told non in stock. still thats better than befor belmore special take your order dont bother telling you they dont have product and nerver return your calls. great product shame about the cowboys selling it.

Have you seen the price - its cheaper per kg than you may realise

belmoreboy
11-05-2015, 03:47 PM
yeeee haaa ! thanks for the feedback as always mr savage - plenty in stock if you fance trying it now

Dillon
11-05-2015, 06:50 PM
£7.50 a box which works out at the same volume as a bucket!
If u can buy any buckets of readymix for that price please tell me where and what kind is it?:confused:

I didn't say any thing about cheaper ready mix I said what I was using is cheaper.

For your information I use wondertex (yeh yeh I know but we are talking cost not quality) 2 bags of Wondertex gets me 3 full buckets when mixed and cost £24 ish. One box of freemans is about half a bucket so would need 6 boxes for the same 3 buckets so cost £45.

On the prices Im working for its a no brainer.

belmoreboy
11-05-2015, 08:18 PM
That's a good price on wondertex! Do you use the wondertex filler Dillon?

Beermonster
11-05-2015, 08:34 PM
I didn't say any thing about cheaper ready mix I said what I was using is cheaper.

For your information I use wondertex (yeh yeh I know but we are talking cost not quality) 2 bags of Wondertex gets me 3 full buckets when mixed and cost £24 ish. One box of freemans is about half a bucket so would need 6 boxes for the same 3 buckets so cost £45.

On the prices Im working for its a no brainer.
A box of freemans will fill a bucket of sheetrock/gyproc no probs!!
Not sure where the half bucket comes from?:confused:
Maybe u got some small boxes LOL?

Dillon
11-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Errrrm maybe I have big buckets, it does not change any thing I still get 3 buckets out of 2 bags and the Freemans only filled half a bucket.

Yes I use wondertex ultralight filler and love it except it doesn't set very quick which is Ok for the most part coz I work alone and have been doing some big houses, I also Box it on. If I am doing smaller houses I switch to GTECH filles cos it goes off quicker.

belmoreboy
11-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Thanks for feedback

Errrrm maybe I have big buckets, it does not change any thing I still get 3 buckets out of 2 bags and the Freemans only filled half a bucket.

Yes I use wondertex ultralight filler and love it except it doesn't set very quick which is Ok for the most part coz I work alone and have been doing some big houses, I also Box it on. If I am doing smaller houses I switch to GTECH filles cos it goes off quicker.