PDA

View Full Version : Tapetech Wizard Box Handle

belmoreboy
01-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Hi All

New release

The Tapetech wizard Box Handle - http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Tapetech-Wizard-Box-Handle.html

Sold a few but interested in forum thoughts on the tool.

Beermonster
01-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Hi All

New release

The Tapetech wizard Box Handle - http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Tapetech-Wizard-Box-Handle.html

Sold a few but interested in forum thoughts on the tool.

I would say not much use for it over here as it's all stand ups!!
About time we changed over to horizontal joints!!

rabbyc
01-07-2015, 06:42 PM
I agree with the previous poster, i had considered one as i have thousands of metres of cross joints at 3m high, but decided it was quicker with a hawk and trowel for them, so unless the cross joints can be coated from the floor there is no point to it, well unless your not comfortable hand taping.! and I agree though horizontal joints would be better....that's twice i've agreed ......................mm

E.K Taper
04-07-2015, 09:45 PM
I'm going to agree with rabbyc
I watched the video of this in action and it would sell well across the pond but can't see it doing much here. If we're doing upright joints with this thing then its a new back we'll be needing!
Maybe it'll be ok for working off a mobile scaffold, as seen in the vid?

mcfc
05-07-2015, 08:55 AM
I'm going to agree with rabbyc
I watched the video of this in action and it would sell well across the pond but can't see it doing much here. If we're doing upright joints with this thing then its a new back we'll be needing!
Maybe it'll be ok for working off a mobile scaffold, as seen in the vid?
I think it would worth getting one,just to have for odd bits. Hats off to tapetech though, at least they are always developing new kit.

DMC
05-07-2015, 02:09 PM
Think I will stick with the trowel for crossers. Seem to remember a tool in the same vane called the closet monster from the states a few years ago,

E.K Taper
07-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Think I will stick with the trowel for crossers. Seem to remember a tool in the same vane called the closet monster from the states a few years ago,

I've got one in the van somewhere, got it from Columbia 3years ago used it once and its never been out the van since!
It may come in handy to clobber someone during a road rage incident though.....

prjwebb
13-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Could be good for tight stairwells working off planks where you can't stand back far enough for the normal handle.
Ill prob try one.
Is the belmore site down for anyone else?

rabbyc
13-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Surely if your in a tight stairwell, it would be easier to do a few tapes by hand, you would certainly be able to reach more, and wouldn't have to revisit to wipe down, i personally don't see the point, but then again i may be wrong so good luck, and let us know.

prjwebb
15-07-2015, 08:42 AM
Hell of a lot quicker to run the 3 boxes than do it all by hand 3 times though. I just did some 3 storey places where the stair wells were around 9m high with 3 tapered joins down each side.
They were done by hand but I reckon the little handle would have paid for itself on that one site.

I have one on the way so will post my opinion when I try it.

E.K Taper
15-07-2015, 10:16 PM
The Columbia one I have is just a mini version of the regular box handle, but without the 'brake'. So your fingers get jammed if you're not careful! This one Belmore has seems to be more solid, i.e. no axel so may be better