PDA

View Full Version : Tape for off angles

skim
18-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Hi guys started doing a lot of airless plaster been using different beads to see what suits the system better. What bead do you guys prefer to use on off angles ?

TonyM
18-11-2015, 11:05 PM
If I can get them, the sheetrock beads with the braided hinge, but they are about 100 a box. Mainly because I use the Sheetrock tape on beads,and the corner profile will match. If I only have a few to do, I use the Level line no-coat type bead. Standard flex tape is no good to man or beast.

skim
19-11-2015, 09:04 AM
I love the Sheetrock beads my self and the same as you won't touch the flex. I might try the level line as it is easily sourced @belmore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E.K Taper
22-11-2015, 08:24 PM
If I can get them, the sheetrock beads with the braided hinge, but they are about 100 a box. Mainly because I use the Sheetrock tape on beads,and the corner profile will match. If I only have a few to do, I use the Level line no-coat type bead. Standard flex tape is no good to man or beast.

Do you mean the sheetrock tape that has a kind of nylon string running through the centre Tony?
Used it on coombed ceilings, its certainly better than flex tape but 100 a box? Jeez, that's a bit much. I'm wondering if I should buy some for a big house I'm doing just now, which is all Coombs etc upstairs. But at that price.............

TonyM
22-11-2015, 08:54 PM
http://www.sheetrockdirect.com/acatalog/SHEETROCK__Beaded_Flex.html

skim
23-11-2015, 06:26 PM
That's a premium price for those beads. I think I'll try level line

E.K Taper
23-11-2015, 11:38 PM
http://www.sheetrockdirect.com/acatalog/SHEETROCK__Beaded_Flex.html
Yeah, I think that's the same stuff mate

prjwebb
24-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Yeah I like those Sheetrock beads too but they are pricey. I try and keep a box in the garage and if there's only a few needed per job, no worries. If the job is full of them it's down to the customer if they are willing to pay the difference between that and levelline.
I like the levelline for internal off angles but for the externals I prefer a beaded edge not just a corner.

jezzp
05-01-2016, 06:03 AM
Hi mate, for anything off angle, you cant go past No Coat or Levelline. Ive used all types of metal and plastic beads, nothing can beat NoCoat or Levelline. The legs of the tape contour to the board while the centre stays as straight as your apex. The framing needs to be dead accurate too for that complete straight finish at your apex. They do both inside and outside angles. Hope that helps ;-)

skim
20-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Used levelline today for the first time. Definitely the best tape I've used for off angles. Cheers @belmoreboy