PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

Dillon
02-02-2016, 04:56 PM
I recently traveled 130miles to buy a Bazooka and gooseneck when I got there the guy selling was very nice and we did the deal, he also had a near new Tapetech pump I asked if he wanted to sell it as well, he said yes and we agreed a price. I paid for both and came home a happy man.

Now he is texting me saying that he forgot to remove the box filler attachment from the pump and it was not included in the price and he wants it back. I didn't really give it a thought I just offered what I thought was a fair price for what was there in front of me.

I bought the pump thinking If I didn't get on with the Bazooka I could sell it along with the pump and gooseneck or more likely keep the pump as a spare and sell the Bazooka and gooseneck.

Either way We did the deal and shook hands I bought what was there in front of me. You don't buy a second hand car and have the previous owner wanting the spare tyre back do you.

What's your thoughts please

Highland Taper
02-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Can see the fellas point you bought the pump for the goose neck but can see your point as you got what you bought...... A right head scratcher of a situation id say

TonyM
02-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Tell him if he wants it to come and get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dillon
03-02-2016, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the replies, Tony good Idea. I have text him back and said sorry SOLD as SEEN it doesn't matter if he paid for it separate or not I offered him a price for what was in front of me and he excepted.

Beermonster
03-02-2016, 04:27 PM
Keep it! As u said not ur problem he f*cked up!

DMC
04-02-2016, 04:26 PM
His problem mate

belmoreboy
05-02-2016, 11:51 AM
text the guy and tell him to call me and buy a new box filler ! lol :)

Dillon
05-02-2016, 02:08 PM
well I have had a barrage of text that would give war and peace a run for its money. I told him as I had not used any of it yet he could come and get it all back for the original purchase price. Of course I would be keeping the filler because in his mind its not part of the deal. He's gone quiet now.

E.K Taper
05-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Sold as seen Dillon. I can't believe he's had the brass neck to text you saying he wants the box filler back! Tell him to drive the 130 miles for his 30 nozzle then, what a clown;)

Dillon
15-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Well I finally got to try the taper today It didn't go too well but then I didn't expect it to, I think I have the hang of the upright internals but the coving line was giving me a problem, mostly getting it started. will be having another bash tomorrow (if at first you don't succeed). I know very little about auto tapers but it seems to be all working Ok its too new not to, However the Pump that I bought from this guy has had more use with his Boxes and its not been looked after that well, It leaks compound up the side of the main shaft and needs a bloody good clean but nothing I cant sort.

E.K Taper
15-02-2016, 09:05 PM
It'll take you months to get up to speed with it Dillon. Rattle round all your uprights first if they're easier, then spend a bit more time on the horizontals.

prjwebb
18-02-2016, 07:58 PM
Look up 2buck's posts and YouTube videos on Drywalltalk for running the zook. Amazing videos and long, written guides. I learnt how to run mine from that and don't imagine I'd have had a chance without them.
I'll dig out some links for you.

prjwebb
18-02-2016, 08:02 PM
YouTube, lots of videos on his account
https://youtu.be/xooYBevv-Ck
Here's the real gold
http://www.drywalltalk.com/f7/bazooka-lessons-angle-internal-tapes-4610/

TonyM
18-02-2016, 08:26 PM
That Fcukwit as you call him Tom is 2bucks boy. One of his videos shows you how to hold a trowel like a spaz.

thomas.savage
18-02-2016, 09:10 PM
That Fcukwit as you call him Tom is 2bucks boy. One of his videos shows you how to hold a trowel like a spaz.

bet he goes backwards with that too lol

well if you want to go against thousands of years of human evolution and our fundamental biomechanical engineering i guess you can, but don't go making vids thinking your good;)

backwards is acceptable for rubbing down ceilings, coating up and topping nails by hand.

bet he could not give 2fcuks lol see what i did there?

prjwebb
18-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Yeah can't say I agree with his trowel videos, but as far as guides for running internals with the bazooka I haven't seen a better piece out there.