PDA

View Full Version : Flex GE5 Flex VCE 35 L AC Drywall Vac 110v

Shiva
03-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Hey Guys , I'v recently purchased these Items ( see Title ) as a Bundle and have to say the Sanding machine is Excellent . The Vaccuum also does a really nice job of keeping the stour down but having used the 1 Filter Bag and 1 Disposable bag that came with the system I find myself having to buy more bags . Having checked several places it seems the bags for this System are Expensive . Does anyone have one of these vacs and have they tried using it without a Bag ? Im wondering if this would goose the hoover ? Has anyone used cheaper bags on it and had good results .

Thanks Guys : )

thomas.savage
03-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Hey Guys , I'v recently purchased these Items ( see Title ) as a Bundle and have to say the Sanding machine is Excellent . The Vaccuum also does a really nice job of keeping the stour down but having used the 1 Filter Bag and 1 Disposable bag that came with the system I find myself having to buy more bags . Having checked several places it seems the bags for this System are Expensive . Does anyone have one of these vacs and have they tried using it without a Bag ? Im wondering if this would goose the hoover ? Has anyone used cheaper bags on it and had good results .

Thanks Guys : )

the white bags that are made of some kind of fiber are re-useable. Just empty into skip, use again. Should ever have to buy another bag.
or
if you use paper bags, get some gafa tape and stick it on the bottom, fill bag.. Then make a slit where you stuck the tape and empty. Re- seal with tape and use again.

Hover works best with a bag.

Shiva
03-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Hey Thomas , I tried to empty the Fleece Bag via the hole where it connects to the hose but it ended up tearing along the cardboard . At the time it was the only bag I had on me so I had to just use it to finish the last 2 rooms I had left . But when I went to remove it after doing 2 small rooms there was a small bit of dust inside the actual bottom of the vac between the bag and filter if you know what I mean . How many times do you reckon I should reuse the fleece bags ?

thomas.savage
03-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Hey Thomas , I tried to empty the Fleece Bag via the hole where it connects to the hose but it ended up tearing along the cardboard . At the time it was the only bag I had on me so I had to just use it to finish the last 2 rooms I had left . But when I went to remove it after doing 2 small rooms there was a small bit of dust inside the actual bottom of the vac between the bag and filter if you know what I mean . How many times do you reckon I should reuse the fleece bags ?
There is a technique to emptying those fleece bags, some have a zip on them but make sure you lubricate it else it breaks. You will get a little dust in your hover when you re use them. Nothing to worry about. Reinforcing the cardboard with tape will stop it tearing.

i used to turn it up some de down and perform a consolteana motion ' wank' the bag lol.

They should make make them machine washable, not hard.

Shiva
03-05-2016, 07:54 PM
i used to turn it up some de down and perform a consolteana motion ' wank' the bag lol.

:o Lmao , consolteana motion you say lol .. Ill give that a Try .. Thx Again : )

thomas.savage
03-05-2016, 07:58 PM
:o Lmao , consolteana motion you say lol .. Ill give that a Try .. Thx Again : )
That's up side down lol hole down, make circle with fingers place around hole and... Wank a imagery shaft lol

its the best way, just shoots out all over the skip!

just make sure the ground workers don't see you, they will get horney and follow you to the loo's.

big g
03-05-2016, 08:53 PM
hahaha fckin brill Thomas.
I use paper bags shiva and along the same lines as Thomas I split open the whole of the bottom of the bag and use clips to hold it
works a treat
was a tip I got on here a few years ago

thomas.savage
04-05-2016, 05:35 AM
hahaha fckin brill Thomas.
I use paper bags shiva and along the same lines as Thomas I split open the whole of the bottom of the bag and use clips to hold it
works a treat
was a tip I got on here a few years ago
its all funny until it happens to you! :shocked::toiletreading:

this clip method is also a great idea!

You can buy self adhesive Velcro strips and put them on the bottom of the bag too...,

either way buying new bags all the time is not necessary.

Shiva
20-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Thx Guys . I bit the Bullet and bought 5 of the Fleece Filter Bags and currently i'm on house number 4 with my 1st Bag : ) . I have to say though I feel as if im loosing suction each time I reuse lol . Really noticed it when taking the head off the ceilings and turn it over to do the walls . The stour that falls out seems excessive lol

thomas.savage
21-05-2016, 05:22 AM
Thx Guys . I bit the Bullet and bought 5 of the Fleece Filter Bags and currently i'm on house number 4 with my 1st Bag : ) . I have to say though I feel as if im loosing suction each time I reuse lol . Really noticed it when taking the head off the ceilings and turn it over to do the walls . The stour that falls out seems excessive lol
Check the other filters first but if nothing wrong there then I used to lightly perforate those bags to compensate for the effective 'clogging' after multiple uses.

A small compressor will help keep your sander and hover and bags in tip top shape plus will make tools last longer between service intervals. Just blow it all out on site or in your garage at home once a week.

TurboTaperz
12-07-2016, 12:24 PM
Cut the bottom of the bag right across, fold it back and inch or two and seal it with 3/4 bulldog clips. Take the strain of emptying from the other end, bags last a lot longer and it's much quicker.

From FogDog on the S7Edge

E.K Taper
16-07-2016, 09:45 PM
That's up side down lol hole down, make circle with fingers place around hole and... Wank a imagery shaft lol

its the best way, just shoots out all over the skip!

just make sure the ground workers don't see you, they will get horney and follow you to the loo's.

Jesus, wtf have I stumbled upon here?:w00t: