PDA

View Full Version : Refresher course

Kenny0430
13-07-2016, 08:35 PM
Hi All

After recently returning to the industry after a few years off - I am finding myself very rusty with the bazooka - looking for a 1 day refresher course solely on the bazooka (internals really) in the Cardiff / S wales area - can anyone help?

fr8train
14-07-2016, 04:04 AM
What issues are you having?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenny0430
15-07-2016, 05:24 AM
Hi There - just general problems really - mix to thin / to thick ......starting a run, tape drag etc ...plus getting a blank spot now which I have read is a common problem. Also I find the Gtec smart mix hard to use with the bazooka ....the paper tapes dont seem to crease like other brands and a lot of the time the butterfly doesnt seem to be able to flush off and glides over the top of the cement - I just used BG cement and didnt get any of these problems.

belmoreboy
15-07-2016, 10:34 AM
May be tools needeing a service or a few parts have perished kenny if tools have been in storage.

Kenny0430
15-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Hi there - whats the turnaround time for a bazooka to get serviced (roughly)?

belmoreboy
15-07-2016, 01:55 PM
kenny - sent you a message about servicing - thanks - marcus

fr8train
16-07-2016, 12:11 AM
Hi There - just general problems really - mix to thin / to thick ......starting a run, tape drag etc ...plus getting a blank spot now which I have read is a common problem. Also I find the Gtec smart mix hard to use with the bazooka ....the paper tapes dont seem to crease like other brands and a lot of the time the butterfly doesnt seem to be able to flush off and glides over the top of the cement - I just used BG cement and didnt get any of these problems.

There's only a few things that will cause a dry spot.

1. The dog spring is weak. It's in the knob to the side of the filler nozzle. Pop it out, stretch it out pop it back in.

2. The clicker is worn/not adjusted properly. This allows the plunger and cable to slide back down the tube.

3. You sucked air into the pump

4. You used lightweight mud of some sort. I've found this stuff seems to want to compress when you get going. It compresses and then starts to come out.

Kenny0430
16-07-2016, 04:47 AM
Hi mate ....the blank spot is pretty much at the same spot all the time ....bout 6 inches after i start a run ...sometimes it is fairly small and only on one side of the tape which covers no problem when i roller it in ...other times it is fairly distinct and can be about 6 inches - could it be my technique? ....after i finish a run ....I stop and wind up the pressure by hand and get the correct length of tape to start - I seen a video where the guy didnt do this ...he just flicked the tape up using the needle and ran it vertically on the wall for a couple of inches as he got everything into place for a run along the top ceiling / wall joint. As Marcus says ....it probably needs a service ...the bazooka is over 10 years old and sat in storage for 7 years - I have it spotless though and give it a good power hosing and oil before every use - The thing is though ....I have read other posts about blank spots and some people seem to be getting them - even on a fairly new machine.

fr8train
16-07-2016, 05:23 AM
What kind of mud?

Kenny0430
16-07-2016, 08:42 AM
I get the blank spot with whatever mud I use - even when its overthinned - I prefer BG although I know its harder to sand - We get supplied with Gtec powder which i have not used before and I loathe it - yes its easy to sand but I just cant get to grips with it - it goes like piss after its knocked up thick / after i roller it out there doesnt seem to be enough to flush it off with even a 2 1/2 inch corner finisher whereas with BG i can flush with 3" no problem - also the Gtec paper tape doesnt seem to crease with the bazooka - I thought it was just me being rusty but when I used KNAUF / BG ...it creased in perfectly - although I do like the Gtec flex ....can get a really sharp edge on it ...but the rest of their stuff is just shit in my opinion