PDA

View Full Version : Pronto Joint Tape

belmoreboy
18-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey All,

Can i get some opinions please - New Pronto Joint tape, have tested at my Place and must admit it actually does what it says on the tin ! 2 coats to a very good finish.

I was a little skeptical when 'no coat tape' first came out but sell stacks of it now so hope this goes same way.

Just after some thoughts from fellow tapers - cheers

oh you can see it on my homepage under new products explanation and video

Cheers

amestaper
18-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Never used this Marcus, but gave you @retweet regarding this stuff and the Nailer a few days ago as they are new ideas I havent seen before. It looks the mutts nuts I will read any reviews from guys who have used it here.

TonyM
18-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Sorry mate, 24 a roll (10x the price of BG paper tape) - I don't think so. Plus, the cowboy on the video was only finishing the joint to barely 10 inches. On butt joints, you are going to get one hell of a crown with the centre of the tape being thicker than the edge. Bad product I reckon.

amestaper
18-08-2009, 11:01 PM
I never imagined it would even be over 10 bucks a roll? Sorry i didnt check prices. Tony made a good point about the crown, that would have to be feathered out, Im guessing, at least 300mm either side. This is too much extra work and cash for guys that use bazookas and boxes and what would the apla tech coaters make of it?

PS. I'm not closing the door on this, I just never had time to look it over and weigh the pros and cons. This tape may be great for small jobs where its not worth dirtying the tools and you need it finished quick, hence the name pronto. Its just the price that makes me go :eek:. Looking to hear some more feedback, what do your customers reckon Marcus?

belmoreboy
19-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Proof is in the pudding as they say!!

Try it and see i say - we have and it saves time - thats the main thing - smaller jobs is the key but and a big big but! it saves a days coating out! As said before, we are contractors and have been for over 30 years, my Director has been in this game from the start, one of the first to start putting Ames on a wall back in 1970!

Yes butt joints need to be feathered out further, But it challenges the way we tape a job.

Why do we use thin PAPER tape??
Why do we put filler and two coats of Ames over a tape?

When will someone invent a tape that is self adhesive and thick enough yet soft enough to mould to the joint and allow one coat of filler and one coat of ames to be applied in ONE day ?? = Pronto Tape

Cost = save 2nd coat and sand next day or when dry

Same as No Caot - those who try it love it and see the cost savings on the correct job.

Ive found that if youre house bashing there is not enough money in the price for anything new and costly which is sad.

TonyM
19-08-2009, 09:26 PM
I love the No-Coat corner bead, it's a quality product, and don't mind paying 3x the price of standard flex for it. I know when I eventually get the hopper for it, it will be more cost effective. The problem I have with the Pronto is that I always 3 coat, and i'd be worried about shrinkage with only 2 coating.

cleveland steamer
02-11-2010, 07:57 PM
so pronto tape.10 box,12box???????