PDA

View Full Version : tapetech mudrunner

the_tapeinator
13-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Considering purchasing one of these. Comments would be welcome.

admin
13-12-2008, 10:20 PM
tapetech mudrunner

Wow, what an expensive piece of kit.

amestaper
14-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Good, but like learning to use a new tool all over again. Let me know how you get on as Ive thought about buying one myself.

The Taping Store
09-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi I used to work for TapeTechand I own thetapingstore.com. The mud runner is not a bad tool to use, you need to get the compound to the right consistency, about the same as for the bazoka. Then get used to not walking to fast with the tool and matching your speed with the flow of compound. i do have an ex demo one for sale if any one is interested.

TS

TonyM
17-01-2009, 11:36 AM
The Mudrunner is a good bit of kit. Only thing I found was you have to have your mud quite thin for it to be able to push it through.

turrican_007
17-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Mudrunner, yes nice peice of kit, we have one, and its very easy on the shoulders and arms, not like the corner box where it can become hard work over a long period of time, especially when the ceilings are high.
The main thing is, like mentioned above the mix has to be just right, when you get the mix right then its as easy as walking, regardless of the celing height.

mike
19-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Isnt it gas filled? Whats it like maintenance wise compared to the small 7 inch corner box which has lasted for over 10 years.

turrican_007
20-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi Mike, have used it for about 4 years and have not had any problems with it to date, Its quite simple to maintain just give it a good clean when finished, it only consists of a piston in a plastic tube works just like a syringe, when you turn the handle the joint cement flows through the flusher. I would personally recommend this tool if you are coating lots of internals and working with high ceilings.

The Taping Store
21-01-2009, 09:08 PM
The gas powerd part of the Mudrunner in sealed inside the handle. the only real maintenace is making sure the seals are oiled and oil in squirted in to the oiling holes just above the handle that you twist to activate the tool.

geordieboy
30-03-2009, 08:24 PM
i bought the one advertised by the tapingstore on this site , it was second hand and got a bargain compared to the cost of a brand new one.
anyway if i were you i would get one of these ,they are great, so easy to use once you get the hang of it and so much easier on your arms rather tyhan the corner box

belmoreboy
27-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Mudrunners - good tool - but very heavy when filled.
Alternative and a lot cheaper - try a mudtube, mainly made by better than ever tools, we sell stacks of em very easy to use and wont break the bank if it;'s not a tool you use every day.
Most popular size 36" combine it with a 90 degree internal applicator head and either a combo or normal 3" flusher and youve got a lot of kit for a lot less than a mudrunner.

Video on our site shows in action:

Pic attached

TonyM
27-04-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm sorry, but I think those BTE tools are total shite.
The Super Taper - What a mess that is, carrying around a tray of wet tape, getting all gummed up putting it on the joints.
The Mud Tube - Cack handed syringe. You have to have your mud like piss and couldn't just run a joint and be finished, like with a proper corner finisher.
It's cheap and nasty.

No offence Belmore! I've bought some good kit from you in the past, and will do in the future, but this is rubbish.

geordieboy
27-04-2009, 08:39 PM
i agree with tony m ,the mudrunner is best thing for the corners once you get used to it,belmoreboy trying a wee sales pitch there ,i too have bought from them ,good site but expensive delivery to where i stay

belmoreboy
27-04-2009, 09:54 PM
we sell loads of mud tubes and no complaints seems strange. tony have you got a mudtube or tried one? i always want feedback on any tools i sell. could sort one for a special discount if you want to try one.
geordieboy where do you live there are only a few areas in the uk and higher scotland that cost more for shipping
ps love a good sales pitch!

TonyM
27-04-2009, 11:22 PM
A chap that worked for me bought a mud tube. We tried it out a couple of times but both of us hated it for the reasons stated earlier. It was on Ebay within a week and he bought a Mudrunner. I run the Apla-tech tools for my internals, and they take some beating.

belmoreboy
29-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Good to hear all your comments on this - maybe start to push mudrunner a bit more now.

:fing02:

TonyM
29-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Good to hear all your comments on this - maybe start to push mudrunner a bit more now.

Hey Belmore! How much for a hopper for the No-coat bead? There's a photo of one on your site, but no price.

johny b
25-10-2011, 08:12 PM
What do you want for mud runner thanks johny b

southern jointer
07-11-2011, 10:22 PM
I just reccently bought a mud tube from Belmore Tools and to be honest after coating 2 rooms I sussed it out and I'm impressed with the tool ....... well worth the money!.

2buck
08-11-2011, 02:40 AM

stick to your guns, their over rated IMO