PDA

View Full Version : Sheetrock

turrican_007
02-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Hi, I have just been offered a job which is as follows,

quote: USG Sheetrock spray finish which will require the joints to be filled , and 1 10" box finish then sand off prior to spraying .

Has anyone used sheetrock level 5 spay surface finish? I use drywall primer through a spray gun using a 519 tip, will this be big enough or to big for the sheetrock finish? and basically has anyone done a sheetrock finish? if so any information would be a help....:confused:

herbert
03-10-2009, 01:32 PM
I didn't use usg but used alltek and sprayed jointcement with an
air less sprayer wagner tip wise depend upon the sprayer, material thickness. I use 531 432 tip
Ther are many different ways to spray plast, usg , alltek ,st,
you can even use ready mix jointcement and after spray the paint

and when you use a screwpump you can spray jointcement from bags
any jointcement:nono:

herbert

DMS
26-11-2009, 03:29 PM
you will need a graco mark V or similar to spray prospray with tip size between 527 & 531.

belmoreboy
27-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Hi turrican im guessing they mean sheetrock tuff hyde primer surfacer - we have used the 517 or 519 tips for spraying this gear with no probs.

We sell the tuff hyde and the tips !! give me or the boys in the office a shout if you need quote

Ta

DC@USG
04-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Good to see the message is getting out there.
First port of call would be the local USG Rep who can advise on the correct combination of products, these depend on the substrate you are trying to finish ie plasterboard requires a different product and build up than block work or concrete.

Call me on the number below and I will help you out.

thepainterman
13-12-2009, 06:40 PM
I think level 5 finish is a good idea ONLY if it commands a premium price.
As soon as someone desperate for work drops the price it's a lost cause.

As a painter\dec I know only too well the effects of those desperados on pricing a job where the customer demands a high quality finish.

On high end painting jobs I use a 500 w flood halogen set up as standard,but I charge for it,if they baulk at the price adios,I don't cut my price.

Someone always does sadly and when you put a 500w halogen on it...it shows.

My personal view is the job should be done to the highest standard and more importantly,the tradesmen paid suitably for it,it saves so much hassle in the long run.

I'm just getting back into taping after a long absence but looking to line up some taping work next year.:fing02: