PDA

View Full Version : Job

TonyM
23-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Get this!

http://www.gumtree.com/london/84/47763984.html

I've emailed him (from a bogus email address) giving him some serious abuse. I may even put my spare sim card in my phone and ring him too.

amestaper
24-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Surely they wont get any responses other than yours. :D

surely not...

Perhaps the person who wrote this advert doesn't use English as their mother tongue and hasn't a clue. Whoever is unfortunate enough to be pushed into the position of having to do this job out of nessecity will, I suspect, discover the materials could be of the cheapest quality and you may still find they're deducted from the handsome/princely sum of 480 .... :eek: on completion. After 3 days gruelling hard work in a house full of space heaters.:eek:

PS. Horrible afterthought. Theyve either hung the plasterboard themselves or paid to have it fitted on a similar low price.:eek:

We like the rogue customer and employer element of this topic. Got any more we can warn the members about?

Lightrock
24-10-2009, 03:59 PM
this is a sweet case of Good taper, Bad taper,
Go in, Professionally, assure him the price can be made to work and that you will have an appropriate tradesman onsite in the morning; then either send a monkey or go in and do a smoke seal with thick edges. leave it for a day. there you go. the job you paid for, done
just use a fresh set of business cards. i suggest "Trash On Your Shit" stucco, a company a friend of mine started in Calgary for such jobs. the T.O.Y.S. logo is disarming.

personally I would be offering to paint the job for materials just to get in and see what kind of job he got for those terms

saleen836
26-10-2009, 04:58 PM
You just know at the end they will complain about every little detail they can find to ensure they get out of paying!