PDA

View Full Version : cleaning a taper

theblones
05-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Are there any videos on the best way to clean a bazooka?

Deck
05-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I saw one on you tube I think. It was Austrailian and it showed some guy cleaning a Northstar bazooka.
All he did, which is what i do, is hose it down internally with a hose attached to a pistol type gun.
I will try and find it again and get back with the link.

the_legend
05-03-2010, 08:18 PM
a hose,or power washer remove top plate (the plate you take off to replace cable)and blast it.there you go good as new....who needs a video when youve got me!!!!!!

Deck
06-03-2010, 07:30 PM
a hose,or power washer remove top plate (the plate you take off to replace cable)and blast it.there you go good as new....who needs a video when youve got me!!!!!!

I cant argue with that-I'll not bother looking for the link!

saleen836
08-03-2010, 08:05 PM
I pressure wash mine after I have used it, but lately it has been jamming more times than a reggae singer! doesn't seem to be cutting the paper properly even with a new blade fitted, I'm wondering if the cutting chain has stretched over the years as it feels like I have to give it a good tug back to get a clean cut.

the_legend
09-03-2010, 04:48 PM
I pressure wash mine after I have used it, but lately it has been jamming more times than a reggae singer! doesn't seem to be cutting the paper properly even with a new blade fitted, I'm wondering if the cutting chain has stretched over the years as it feels like I have to give it a good tug back to get a clean cut.

saleen try taking a link of the chain or before you do that take the chain off an turn it round,so that your puller is now on the spring side if you know what i mean:confused:could also be your spring because they tend to stretch. if your thinking of buying a new chain and block i wouldnt bother,it will cost you a fortune,i would just get it serviced for a little more think around 200 from belmore and they will replace what needs to be replaced and get it back to you with everything back to factory settings ,itll feel like a new gun.....

belmoreboy
09-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Saleen

Be more than happy to take a look (no obligation) coupel of options - either you send to us or we collect and return for 25 notes plus vat.
Thats all you will pay if you decide not to have any work done as legend says average cost full complete overhaul ia around 200 squid but if its simple chain reset and general service should be lot less.

belmoreboy
10-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Not sure why more tapers dont use these tools
we do full taper cleaning kit which has neat little ez adapters that fit direct to taper filler nozzle and to hose gun supplied

Taper brush - perfect for cleaning inside tube of taper
gooseneck brush - very neat tool - bendy wire thingy with stiff brush on end
pump brush - much the same as taper brush but smaller handle

the_legend
10-03-2010, 07:28 PM
we do full taper cleaning kit which has neat little ez adapters that fit direct to taper filler nozzle and to hose gun supplied

pump brusgh - much the same as taper brush but smaller handle

i will tell you why we dont use these tools,well me anyway,,because im a lazy bstrd,having said that it would be handy instead of looking for a bucket of hot water on these frozen mornings just to defrost my tools at 730 in the morning....:)

thats some deal your doing on the tapetech power assist boxes marcus on your bargain buys,,im sure i paid more than 250+vat for mine i take it there not many folk use them,,i do and think there f**cking awesome you use your stuff thicker and hardly any pressure and acheive a much better finish.have you had any feed back about any power assist boxes,ive never seen anybody else use them just wondering.....:hijacked:

oh and cheers for the tapetech autotaper,,forgot what a new one feels like,,was like a bairn with a new toy..

belmoreboy
11-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Hey Bruce glad tapers ok - always a treat getting shiny new tools !
Feedback is mixed on the power assist boxes - it's nice to hear youre finding them ok, can i ask what brand ames you using through them?

If you fancy one as a spare make me an offer will see what i can do,best to get me on my mobile.

saleen836
22-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Saleen

Be more than happy to take a look (no obligation) coupel of options - either you send to us or we collect and return for 25 notes plus vat.
Thats all you will pay if you decide not to have any work done as legend says average cost full complete overhaul ia around 200 squid but if its simple chain reset and general service should be lot less.
Thanks, The Taping store is going to sort it for me (local so can drop it off)

belmoreboy
23-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks, The Taping store is going to sort it for me (local so can drop it off)

David's a good guy he will sort it out for you no probs !

saleen836
02-04-2010, 08:19 PM
David's a good guy he will sort it out for you no probs !

Have the use of David's 'like new' bazooka while he is sorting mine out, I didn't realise just how worn out mine was! still, when I get it back next week it will be as good as new :D

brian
20-06-2010, 09:38 PM

pump brush - much the same as taper brush but smaller handle

eerrr? your outta stock of those B.B :0

when you getting new stock in?