PDA

View Full Version : Blue Line 8" box

drywall guy
06-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Does anyone have a Blueline 8" box that they don't use any more? I also think many years ago that Lafarge had similar boxes.
I am looking for one to use for boxing my eternal corners ,at the moment i use Tape Tech but the position of the wheels mean that you have to clamp the box and hold the wheels of the wall slightly because the axle on the box can damage the paper on the flex tape.With the Blue line box the wheels are positioned so that both wheels could run on the wall with out any damage the the edge of the flex tape.

Hope this make sense

the_legend
06-03-2010, 03:29 PM
beadboxers should do the job drywallguy!!you can get them out of belmore tools 39.99

drywall guy
06-03-2010, 04:50 PM
beadboxers should do the job drywallguy!!you can get them out of belmore tools 39.99

Are they any good ?.

Do any of the other members use them , and how do they find them ?

amestaper
06-03-2010, 06:30 PM
http://www.beadboxers.com/video_demo.html

I've still got an 8" Premier Drywall box, but seem to have misplaced the 10 and 12. Been bashed to bits and its still a solid piece of kit. :fing02:

matt
09-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I had a bad experience with a set of bead boxers.
They were a bugger to get the wheels back on and turning properly, but that was on Northstar boxes, might be different for yours.
They look good on the video promo, but on site they are different.
We found that on maybe a large 3m high flex on a corner they were good, but in a house doing ingoes, corners in tight spaces etc = pain in the arse, too much f**ing about.
Also you are using a thinner coat for going through box too so more drying time etc 2 coats of finish :nono:
Its up to you, everyone has their own way of working.