PDA

View Full Version : Bead Boxers ?

drywall guy
09-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Do any of the forum members use Bead Boxers on any of their taping boxes?

I would be interested in any feed back regarding the pros & cons of using them.

Do they save you any time, can you just coat the external corners with any touch up by hand ?.

Are they yet another product that just gets tossed to back of the van never too see day light again ?.

belmoreboy
10-03-2010, 08:18 AM
one thing that is good about them is that they stay on your box all the time, and never heeard anyone say they get in the way.
think they are crazy expensive for what they are - but its one of those things that there is no competion and they are the only company that makes them, so they demand higher price.

feedback from end users is good and they work fine - dont think corner will be 100% using them with no cleaning of edge as that still depends on the condition of your blade on the box, setttings of the blade and of course material used.

E.K Taper
20-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi I have a set of bead boxers on my 10" box and occasionally use them. There is a knack to using them and I havent found it yet! I feel they can rip the paper off the corners ( I generally use BG flex or Tradeline flex) so once that happens I just revert to hand taping the corners. I believe you need to run the box down the bead at an angle, but I still mess up so thats why I say I occasionally use them.
If any one has more tips on these then it would be much appreciated

Captain perfect
20-08-2010, 09:22 PM
I have them on a 10'' & 12'' set of boxes, I dont use them al the time but when you do they are ace.

I normally use them over a coat of filler on a long run of pre sanded style trim.

Best when you get the ''boy'' to drive the scissor lift

Captain perfect
20-08-2010, 09:37 PM
PS

Just to add I only run over thin coat angle beads & style trims, not flex tape.

I normally crank the box up 1 no higher for a slightly tighter coat.

The Taping Store
25-08-2010, 08:53 PM
I used to have a set kicking about the office, if I have you can have them think I ot them in for a samle once but never did anything with them. I'll have a look around and see if they are still here somewhere