View Full Version : What corner tools do i need now ?

15-03-2010, 07:00 PM

This is my first post and this forum seems to provide the answers for everything so here goes . I have been patching /hand taping for about 3 years and now . I have a run of houses to tape in a month or two and have now taken the plunge and bought a nearly new Tapetech automatic taper , I'm going to stick to my taping knives for the straights for now but need to know exaclty what else i need for corner finishing , I know pump , goosneck , this is where i get confused I get the corner roller , corner finisher , corner box, but what is the inside corner mud head for ( plastic peice )

Anything else i need for the corners ?

Anyone have any of this for sale ?

15-03-2010, 07:33 PM
You won't need the mud head if you are using the auto taper. It's for just applying the compound and then putting the tape in by hand. I'd get a rol-plow over a corner roller as it beds the tape and flushes it at the same time, so saving a process.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

15-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Are Tapetech , Northstar , Speedtape pro etc all compatable with each other ? Sorry for being a bit thick but is the rol-plow the same as the corner finisher ?do tapetech do a rol-plow ? as you can see i'm going to need things in laymans terms : )

15-03-2010, 08:08 PM

Tonys right the next best tool you will find you can't live without will be something to bed the tape after application.

Not sure you can get a roll plow in the uk now, plenty of companies in states sell them.

Next best thing is a better than ever combo flusher.

Question about whether all taping tools are compatible - best to check before youy part with your cash. Any of the drywall tool stores would be able to advise. Be more than happy to help if you have any questions regarding compatability feel free to message, email, call or text me anytime 07798860155

Good luck with the houses by the way !

15-03-2010, 10:19 PM
now you've opened a can of worms for me . The better than ever combo flusher will that fit a corner box or will it have to be used with a better than ever syringe type applicator ?

15-03-2010, 10:32 PM
The BTE Combo Flusher comes with its own handle.
No material passes through it, it does the same as the rol-plow. The Combo flusher is just over half the price of the rol-plow though and like Marcus says, you'll struggle to get one in the UK now.
I've got the Columbia Fat Boy boxes which I bought from Belmore. Good price and nice kit too.

16-03-2010, 11:03 AM

Again as ton says the BTE combo flusher uses it's own handle - we sell them all separately now so you can buy just the head or the handle fixed or an adjustable handle - if you have a tube it would fit on the end, and you could use tube as a handle but they are a bit heavy to use after a while - best to get a fixed handle for it.

you can find the combo's here - http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Combo_Flushers.html

they wont fit on your corner box and - have no reason to as they are just for bedding and flushing not coating up angles.

again ask away anything you are confused with please do not hesitate to ask!

Can i ask where you are in the uk? you are more than welcome to visit our shop in Norwich where we have all the tools available for viewing - we also have a demo area where you are welcome to try some of the tools before you purchase.

crack filler
16-03-2010, 04:17 PM
I use the BTE tools for internals and really like them use the combo flusher to wipe them out and the corner flusher to coat them up. Not say they are the best tools cause everybody does them differently, you have to do what suits, I don,t use the tube but know a lot of people who like them.

16-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks guys thats much clearer . Belmore i'm from the Royal forrest of Dean ( Gloucestershire ). Norwich is a fair old drive from here , otherwise that would be ideal .