PDA

View Full Version : Sanders?

Goodmanatee
27-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Sick to deaf of my flex sander. It's crap. This is my second one. My first one ran like a beast and kept going for 5 years. This one which i brought in summer 09, I've had nothing but trouble with it. Has anyone tried the new flex sander or any other makes? The new flex is alot of money and a don't know anyone has used one, so to spend that much, I would have to be sure it was better than the one i've got at the moment.

TonyM
27-04-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm waiting for a review of the new flex too. A mate has the Gyproc one and reckons it's good.

belmoreboy
28-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Tony

is it this one your mates got? and he's had no issues with it?!

will chase price for new flex again today

TonyM
28-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Tony

is it this one your mates got? and he's had no issues with it?!

will chase price for new flex again today

That's the one. He only paid 350 for it from CCF or CPD, one of the two.

turrican_007
29-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Sick to deaf of my flex sander. It's crap. This is my second one. My first one ran like a beast and kept going for 5 years. This one which i brought in summer 09, I've had nothing but trouble with it. Has anyone tried the new flex sander or any other makes? The new flex is alot of money and a don't know anyone has used one, so to spend that much, I would have to be sure it was better than the one i've got at the moment.

If you brought it Summer 09 take it back and get a replacement, you ain't had it a year yet.

belmoreboy
29-04-2010, 02:25 PM
if it's driveshaft issue it won' be covered under warranty, this is a known issue with many sanders.

whats the prblem with your flex bought summer 09 maybe able to advise you.

Got two demo festool sanders and vacs if anyomes interested one both vacs never been on site just small scratches on top od lids - one sander has never seen a wall, other sander 3 hours demo usage.

have a guide price im looking for but open to offers :fing02:

Goodmanatee
29-04-2010, 07:04 PM
No it's a driveshaft issue, then bearing when. Just want it to run like my old sander, she was a beast!
Have flex used different gearing or motors on newer versions?

Goodmanatee
30-04-2010, 01:38 PM
if it's driveshaft issue it won' be covered under warranty, this is a known issue with many sanders.

whats the prblem with your flex bought summer 09 maybe able to advise you.

Got two demo festool sanders and vacs if anyomes interested one both vacs never been on site just small scratches on top od lids - one sander has never seen a wall, other sander 3 hours demo usage.

have a guide price im looking for but open to offers :fing02:
How about a pound?:)