PDA

View Full Version : Power assisted boxes anyone?

dryfix
29-04-2010, 08:24 PM
hi every one, has anyone got, or tried using the tapetech / premiere power assisted finishing boxes? very interested to know what you think of them.pro's/con's etc.thanks

Brian S
29-04-2010, 09:18 PM
I tried one a couple of years ago, I had more mud on the floor and running down the wall than you'd beleive, but then again I'm probably just cack handed

Goodmanatee
30-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Had a rep come out to demo them. Didn't get on with them, because i'm so used to pushing hard on the box, i would slways apply to much pressure. But i didn't use them for long. and there a bit small don't hold enough gear. We need monster boxes, bigger than the fatboys or hitops!

belmoreboy
30-04-2010, 04:30 PM
thats some deal your doing on the tapetech power assist boxes marcus on your bargain buys,,im sure i paid more than 250+vat for mine i take it there not many folk use them,,i do and think there f**cking awesome you use your stuff thicker and hardly any pressure and acheive a much better finish.have you had any feed back about any power assist boxes,ive never seen anybody else use them just wondering.....

posted by legend - im sure if he sees this he will post a quick reply - not sold many and have some in the clearance for that reason - but from past sales they have never been returned and seem to do the job, ive yet to actually out one on a wall and try it, so no authority on them im afraid! :D

projoint
01-05-2010, 10:31 AM
I have a standard 10" box and a power assist 12", the power assist takes a day or 2 to get used to if coming from a standard box but definately makes it easier on ceilings once you get used to not pushing.
As has been said, have your muck slightly thicker or it will all spew from the box when the power assist comes on.

The Taping Store
20-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Power Assist are good they just need a little getting used to. The key thing is not to push and have the compound a little thicker that with normal boxes.

With the PA boxies you have to turn them on and off by engauging than disengauging the wheels of the box from the board when you want to stant and stop. This is done by making sure you press the wheels on first before the blade when starting and sweeping off a little earlier at the end.

The compound has to be a little thicker as the PA action will squeeze the compound out, so it is a little trial and error to get the right consisitency then you are away.

The PA boxes are great for ceilings and high walls as the action allows you to box without putting to much pressure on your back

Hope this helps

DMS
02-06-2010, 08:49 AM
when i worked with All-Wall we sold a fair amount of power assist, however about 50% of the customers didn't get on with them. Others loved them, particularly the 12" for ceilings.

brian
17-06-2010, 02:39 PM
can anyone tell me if you can deactivate the power assist on the box when not using them for ceilings or is it on all the time?

belmoreboy
17-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Brian

If im right in thinking the power assist still relies on springs to apply the pressure - could you disconnect the springs? Then manually pull he box back when empty?

Dave from taping store is proper clued on power assists - maybe worth sending him a quick message - im sure if he sees this he will chip in and save the day!

turktown taper
17-06-2010, 09:29 PM
hi every one, has any one got ,or tried using the tapetech/premiere power assisted finishing box's? very interested to know what you think of them.pro's/con's etc.thanks
i use a 12" premiere power assisted box & when you get used to it its great just thicken up the mix or its all on the floor!!
but does any one know where to get the proper springs with the hooks on from ?? :fing02:

brian
19-06-2010, 07:41 PM
i use a 12" premiere power assisted box & when you get used to it its great just thicken up the mix or its all on the floor!!
but does any one know where to get the proper springs with the hooks on from ?? :fing02:
hi T.T . The power assist.. how does it differ from running a normal box in feel and flow in ur experience? is it worth going for the 10 inch power assist option u think?
cheers

SJMMR
17-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Bought a new 12inch Power assist box from Marcus at Belmore they had it at a great price, I found it really easy to use and no mess, I am well pleased with it a lot less effort then the standard box, Steve

The Taping Store
14-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Power assist instructional video now at www.thetapingstore.com (http://www.thetapingstore.com)

murchu
22-09-2010, 07:10 PM
the power assist isthe best way to go man