PDA

View Full Version : Cutting costs

saleen836
13-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Not me but the development I am working on at present is talking of cost cutting again, as on most sites carpenters, electricians and mostly tackers all use battery drills etc, they all toddle off to the site compound to plug in and recharge during the day while they use a spare etc, the developer of the site (no names mentioned but they used a helicopter in their tv ads years ago ;) ) have talked about now charging subbies for charging batteries! how long before they start charging dryliners and tapers for water!

happytaper
18-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Not me but the development I am working on at present is talking of cost cutting again, as on most sites carpenters, electricians and mostly tackers all use battery drills etc, they all toddle off to the site compound to plug in and recharge during the day while they use a spare etc, the developer of the site (no names mentioned but they used a helicopter in their tv ads years ago ;) ) have talked about now charging subbies for charging batteries! how long before they start charging dryliners and tapers for water!

They have got to be taking the piss-tell them to start cutting their own costs by ditching the helicopter! before ya know it there will be coin slots in the toilet and you ll be charged for parking.For the rates they are paying it might be cheaper to stay at home:)

christaper22
25-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Ive been working for the other big one, the cost cutting is mad no tiles no coving, no molded skirting board. No wanting to pay for remedial work. Can still use a transformer though.