PDA

View Full Version : Easi fill and USG Easysand 90

Brian S
14-05-2010, 07:33 PM
A couple questions
Are they the same as each other?
And how big a bag does the Easy 90 come in 10kg. 12.5 kg?

Whats a good price for a bag of 90?

TonyM
14-05-2010, 08:28 PM
The USG smells a bit like bonding when you mix it and it's coarser than Easifill and sets harder. I wouldn't use it as a finish coat like Easifill. Not a bad product though. Easifill is in a 10kg bag but as it's lightweight, it goes further than a 12.5 kg bag of normal joint filler, but can cost double. You might be lucky to get Easifill for sub 10 but I can't guarantee it. All material prices are rising.

Brian S
14-05-2010, 09:07 PM
The USG smells a bit like bonding when you mix it and it's coarser than Easifill and sets harder. I wouldn't use it as a finish coat like Easifill. Not a bad product though. Easifill is in a 10kg bag but as it's lightweight, it goes further than a 12.5 kg bag of normal joint filler, but can cost double. You might be lucky to get Easifill for sub 10 but I can't guarantee it. material prices are rising .

Your not kidding either Tony, heard today metal stud prices are going up in June between 10 and 15% and will probably be double by this time next year, I suppose every other material will follow suit.

I must admit I like Easifill, easy to sand if you got something wrong, and covers very well, as you say the price is a downer, I was hoping Easy 90 was similar.
Out of curiosity, whats the Lafarge Joint filler like to sand? (not that I'm haveing any intention of sanding it)
I used some today as a 1st coat, first time I've used it, only on the taper edge joints, Easifill on the butts

rockie robinson
15-05-2010, 05:17 AM
had a call from a market research company the other day ,
asking lots of questions regarding what easifill/filler everybody
was using at the moment , any way after lots of questions
the girl told me that ARTEX were thinking about bringing a new
type of easifill/filler onto the market. i hold her if the price is right
, if it mixes well, if it's easy to use , but most of all EASY to
sand , you should'nt have a problem selling it .
anybody had the same call ?

A couple questions
Are they the same as each other?
And how big a bag does the Easy 90 come in 10kg. 12.5 kg?

Whats a good price for a bag of 90?