PDA

View Full Version : Taping Machine

neilwre
15-05-2010, 05:16 AM
I am a plasterer by trade and have been boarding for 15 years, jointing a few houses in that time i would like to joint full time now what machine would you recomend. And were to invest in these machines.
Thanks for any input
Neil

Brian S
15-05-2010, 06:32 AM
Neil the easy part first, where to get the machines from, on this site we have several distributors, Belmore http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/(Belmore Boy) and Dave http://www.thetapingstore.com/ (Dave@thetaping store) I have bought from these guys in the past:fing02:
I believe DMS also sells taping kit.

Now the more difficult bit, have you used machines before, what is you budget, do you want to use the Bazooka?

And welcome to the Forum:fing02:

neilwre
15-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Thanks for replying i have not used them before but have had a go on one from a jointer. the budget not to bad, would like to use the bazooka but my mate say set by hand and use flat and corner boxes after

Brian S
15-05-2010, 08:12 AM
On the basis that everyone does it different, here is what I use/do.
Scrim up, then 7" box with Easifill and also fast set/joint filler, then 2nd box with a 10" and 3rd with a 12"
I have a corner box for the internals with an internal applicator, a Better than ever 3" flusher and a columbia roller to paper tape the internals with joint cement, and a 2" BTE direct flusher to apply 2nd coat.
I use a 18" BTE mud tube and external applicator for applying Easifill to external corners, as I don't like putting hot mud through the angle box.
I also have a 3" nailspotter.
It is now just a question of finding what works for you, others will come along with their suggestions, so you will get a variety of answers.

neilwre
15-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks Brain for your advise give's me something to think about

Brian S
15-05-2010, 11:42 AM
With the 7" I use Easifill on the butts, and fastset/filler on taper edge

guy4tools
16-05-2010, 09:37 AM
I am a plasterer by trade and have been boarding for 15 years, jointing a few houses in that time i would like to joint full time now what machine would you recomend. And were to invest in these machines.
Thanks for any input
Neil
hi Neil if your looking to start off with a bazooka i would recomended the blueline usa AT as its
easy to use,
very easy to clean by removing head cover plate and the head hinges so its no bother to clean tube
and lastly blueline usa tools are quaility tools at very competive prices

neilwre
16-05-2010, 12:50 PM
cheers thanks for advice