PDA

View Full Version : speed tape mechanical jointing course

neilwre
15-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Has any one done a 3 day jointing course, any good and if so what can you get out of it. Is it worth the doing and cost

Brian S
15-05-2010, 11:32 AM
I did the Lafarge course several years ago as did not know how the machines worked, how to use them ,and how to clean and maintain them.
I found the course useful and learnt a lot, I found that the Bazooka was the hardest thing to use, and would need constant usage to become adept at using it.
I think it cost around 200 back then, worth doing though.

amestaper
15-05-2010, 12:43 PM
I did the BG mechanical jointing course at Erith in the mid 90's. It was meant to be a 5 day event but only 2 from a supposed 6 (me and a fellow from Southampton) turned up so we were done in 4. I paid for it myself and my recollection is that it cost about 250 at the time.

I didnt know how to operate the taping gun or strip it down beforehand so I found this course worth every penny. I probably wouldnt have had the balls to go it alone into self employment if I hadnt done this training.

I think Marcus at Belmore was offering a free course if you bought a taping kit not so long ago. I will find out for you.

neilwre
15-05-2010, 01:47 PM
I did the Lafarge course several years ago as did not know how the machines worked, how to use them ,and how to clean and maintain them.
I found the course useful and learnt a lot, I found that the Bazooka was the hardest thing to use, and would need constant usage to become adept at using it.
I think it cost around 200 back then, worth doing though.

Thanks brain

neilwre
15-05-2010, 01:48 PM
I did the BG mechanical jointing course at Erith in the mid 90's. It was meant to be a 5 day event but only 2 from a supposed 6 (me and a fellow from Southampton) turned up so we were done in 4. I paid for it myself and my recollection is that it cost about 250 at the time.

I didnt know how to operate the taping gun or strip it down beforehand so I found this course worth every penny. I probably wouldnt have had the balls to go it alone into self employment if I hadnt done this training.

I think Marcus at Belmore was offering a free course if you bought a taping kit not so long ago. I will find out for you.

Thanks for your advice

keco drywall taper
13-01-2011, 10:53 PM
the britisg gypsum taping course in cockslake carlisle ,4 day course

i did that courese in 1983 in those days it was free as long as your company telephoned them for you,

it was a very useful course , used gun for putting tapes on walls ceilings and angles,

boxes , corner finisher etc

the last day you striped the gun , changed cutting blade ,and barrel cable , also cleaning it etc,
was a very useful course in those days

then when you went too your 1st taping job the rep from bg would come out for 2-3 days and keep you right

changed days now ,