PDA

View Full Version : Johnstones Dry Lining Paint

amestaper
10-06-2010, 08:52 PM
I had some good feedback today from a mate who has tried this paint and I plan to use it on a small job soon. Has anyone else used it?

http://www.johnstonestrade.com/news/dry-lining-paint-.aspx

E.K Taper
11-06-2010, 09:11 AM
No its the 1st I've heard of it but I have to say its worth a try, depending on the price obviously. I'm always getting asked by customers which emulsion to use and I just tell them to use trade matt emulsion, no sealer or primer.
However the next time I may just recommend this stuff, just to see what difference it makes.

DMC
11-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Havent heard of the stuff til now, if it does what it claims to it may well be worth a look.

TonyM
11-06-2010, 03:16 PM
I was given a tub by my local Johnstones rep. It's ok stuff, but a lot more expensive than the Lafarge Universal Sealer I generally use, and the opacity is no better.

happytaper
12-06-2010, 12:52 AM
painter used it on a job i did recently.purpose built wall with mountains of natural light coming in from above and it was to be used as a projector screen.slabbed horizontally i could see the joints sticking out like a sore thumb. evertbody else said it was perfect!maybe its just me...