PDA

View Full Version : What is the best mixer you guys use for jointing?

seba1x1
14-06-2010, 09:49 PM
hi there!!
i am quite new on this forum so i would like to know what mixer i should go for? what is the best and fast for tap & joint, you guys using it?
another thing: i live in London and would like to know is 1.8 per sqr meter is ok for doing it- no materials.
with material is it 2.75-is that ok or shall i go for more?for style trim and corner beads 1 per meter

please help

seb

TonyM
14-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Hi Seb and welcome to the forum. If you have a generous budget, then buy a Refina or Eibenstock mixing drill. Belmore boy on here can help you out with that. As for your pricing questions, I think it's only mannerly to ease yourself into the forum a bit before going for the jugular and ask about pricing. I get the impression from your post that you are just starting up on your own or thinking about having a go at taping & jointing. There's lots of info on here if you use the search facility.

amestaper
14-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Good evening Seb. Welcome to the forum

You should have an idea of how much money you can afford to spend, and how powerful it has to be before you buy a mixer. 9 times out of 10 you get what you pay for

seba1x1
16-06-2010, 07:24 PM
hi there

i am in taping and jointing about 15 years, was really working for one , meaby 2 guys in comersial only.
that is why i was asking about pricing the jobs-i would like to work for me self -not to other guy.
thx for reaply any way.
p.s i got refina dril, but i was bearly use it-only for plastering.i need sort of powerfull mashine-like 1100 watts and quite small one to get fit to my bag-the paddle i got sheetrock one-so it can`t be screw into the drill

guy4tools
16-06-2010, 08:40 PM
hi there

i am in taping and jointing about 15 years, was really working for one , meaby 2 guys in comersial only.
that is why i was asking about pricing the jobs-i would like to work for me self -not to other guy.
thx for reaply any way.
p.s i got refina dril, but i was bearly use it-only for plastering.i need sort of powerfull mashine-like 1100 watts and quite small one to get fit to my bag-the paddle i got sheetrock one-so it can`t be screw into the drill

hi there
dewalt do a mixing drill DW130 which is very popular with lads over here it has a 1/2" chuck and a varible speed and runs at 0-550rpms so its ideal for mud mixing

belmoreboy
16-06-2010, 10:01 PM
shame you have that mixing paddle seb, as most of the popular mixers are M14 threaded - never seen the dewalt on general sale in the uk - do you sell it guy4tools? in 110v

Tony's right though the Refina which are made by eibenstock also branded as alfra mixers are top noth and you def get what you pay for, look to spend around 150 - 200 notes and you will get a mixer that will last for years and offer trouble free mixing.

turrican_007
17-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi, i use the refina drill (last one lasted well over 10 years),

Has anyone seen or used the flex R 502 FR twin speed drill? been sent a promotion price 125 + vat any feed back on this drill from anyone..

turrican_007
17-06-2010, 05:59 PM
hi there!!
another thing: i live in London and would like to know is 1.8 per sqr meter is ok for doing it- no materials.
with material is it 2.75-is that ok or shall i go for more?for style trim and corner beads 1 per meter

please help

seb

There fair rates for volume projects, but a bit lean for smaller projects.

happytaper
17-06-2010, 07:10 PM
hi there
dewalt do a mixing drill DW130 which is very popular with lads over here it has a 1/2" chuck and a varible speed and runs at 0-550rpms so its ideal for mud mixing

i got one of those dewalt s and with the proper mixer/paddle she works like a dream mixes it like cream:cool:tidy size too when when mixer is detached.as the man says it popular with the lads over here and ideal for mud mixing and shes a 110 v

DMS
25-06-2010, 10:47 AM
i would agree, you will need something like a dewalt for the paddle your using. The us version has about twice the power of the UK version due to the gear ratios, it is compact and powerful. I have used it for floor screed, sticking, plaster and mud mixing and it has been more than man enough for the job.

the_legend
25-06-2010, 02:52 PM
refina, had mine a while now used everyday no problems(touch wood)kiss of death.
if your getting a mixer get one about 750rpm at least thatll make light work of any lumpy fastset or finish...

drywall guy
26-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Collomix CX60 , gets my vote all day long:fing02::fing02::fing02:

belmoreboy
28-06-2010, 10:43 PM
drywall guy
Collomix CX60 , gets my vote all day long:fing02::fing02::fing02:

Cracking Mixer !

mancman
03-08-2011, 07:43 PM
im using one of the little ryobi ones that i picked up for cheap. i wasnt sure about the mixing head but it drags the mud down to the bottom beautifully. it does a good job on drywall compound etc but i wouldnt fancy its chances knocking up 3 or 4 gagues of skim every day.

E.K Taper
04-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Here's my mixer............................. works a treat and you dont need a generator:w00t:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToTK1LBQy6dTL3RCzehHIlguokwtDHi NUGdepiCa-qvbvHJJOC

TonyM
05-08-2011, 03:52 PM
That mixing paddle that Rick Hardman makes is really good. I've been using it loads lately with my 22v cordless for joint filler, cove adhesive, and smaller joint cement batches.

mcfc
05-08-2011, 05:03 PM
I use a alfra/eibenstock with reverse collomix paddle (got it from belmore).Its mint,so powerful and the paddle reduces splashing and makes the machine half the weight.Highly recommended.

scottishlad2k10
06-08-2011, 08:43 PM
240v bosch drill :D and a paddle mixer...... drills now about 10 years old..... borrowed it from my uncle many years ago and kind of forgot to return it lol

scottishlad2k10
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
That mixing paddle that Rick Hardman makes is really good. I've been using it loads lately with my 22v cordless for joint filler, cove adhesive, and smaller joint cement batches.

does your 22v cordless last long before the battery dies tony?