PDA

View Full Version : My northstar box handle has just snapped!!!!!!!!!!!

Gregors-07
24-07-2010, 11:41 AM
I have had my handle for 3 years now and its finally snapped. It was getting weeker but i just kept tighting it up but its finally snapped.

Just wondered if my nothstar 10" and 12" would fit on any other handles and which are the best ones out there at the minute.

Thanks for helping

TonyM
24-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Of course they will, but I wouldn't buy anything except a Northstar handle.

Gregors-07
24-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Of course they will, but I wouldn't buy anything except a Northstar handle.

how comes?

TonyM
24-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Best one on the market in my opinion.

Gregors-07
24-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Best one on the market in my opinion.

Thanks mate

belmoreboy
24-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Gregors

has the handle itself actually snapped?? or just the rod through th emiddle that controls the brake?

if rod i have a couple in stock and could repair it for you or send you the parts,

I would avoid purchasing nstar until we ofiicially hear who owns them as warranty at present wont be worth a wank

Big downside on nortstar handles is that they dont pivot 180 degree like the other brands.

Need any advicde give me a shout

Gregors-07
25-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Its the rod, say ive had it for 3 years so it hasnt done bad. I just ordered another northstar one on the quick and completley forgot about them going bust. The word donut springs to mind

DMS
27-07-2010, 09:45 AM
I am not sure of the actual benefit for pivoting 180 degrees unless you are taping behind your back, and i think columbia are the only handles out there that offer it. I will continue to provide full warranty support for any northstar tools purchased from D M Solutions, in the form of straight replacement or repair, For long term I am 100% certain that northstar will be picked up and the warranty honored. My feeling on your handle is that 3 years is a bloody good run for an extendable box handle, and the replacement was probably wise, as a full refit was probably in order. Bankrupt or not, Northstar still makes the only functional (for more than 6 months) extendable box handle on the market. having messed with all of them over the years and gotten feed back on the new improved Columbia handle, that hasn't changed, they just may be very hard to get hold of for a period of time. I have about 8 sets left in stock with access to more and parts probably for the next 6 months than we will just have to wait and see. Leaves me a bit up the creek, I currently hold the sole European distribution rightd for........nothing!:(

belmoreboy
27-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Northstar handle is the only handle that doesnt offer 180 pivot ? why is this - its actually quite restrictive in certian applications.

not sure what the 5 year warranty covers regarding nstar handles but can honestly say that 80% of the nstar handles we sold never made it to 2 years let alone 5 - most had the holes wear and loosen after about 12 months and then the rod breaking soon after.

DMS
29-07-2010, 04:19 PM
all the warranties are the same, they guard against manufacture defect, (like the handle snapping in half) but do not warranty moving parts, which are what generally go. I would like to hear from anyone with an extendable handle that lasts longer than the northstar though... i would like to hear the feedback