PDA

View Full Version : bg metal edge

the_legend
26-07-2010, 08:06 PM
what the feck is going on british gypsum!!!!!!....whats happened to the metal edge,,not the usual heavy metal edge,,the new bigger and more brighter yellow box, its crap not even straight:nono:,, cheap sh**e but its not that even cheap..anybody else been using the "new improved lightweight metal edge" if so what do you think of it,,or what other make do you or would you recomend??

amestaper
26-07-2010, 08:24 PM
I bought a box over a week ago and thought I may have been landed with a box of the condemned stuff that was doing the rounds. My local merchants were selling NoCoat for BG corner tape prices because, apparently, a full container load of the stuff being imported was crap.

I agree with you mate, this stuff was more lightweight than usual and they have just lost another customer. This new product is shite and I think this is a bad move by BG. I bought a few boxes of Wondertex Ultralight which I wouldnt have touched in former times for under a tenner a box and this is now a better option when prices have to be keener.

The NoCoat kicks the arse out of every other corner bead Ive tried however it is a bit pricey.

Captain perfect
27-07-2010, 07:23 AM
I have not used a ''flex'' for 90's for a number of years , & only use bg for squints & the odd internal that needs attention. what really winds me up about bg flex is that for a expensive product the packaging is dire, If you get a slight bit of damp or drop the box you are going to have probs.

Why dont they sell it on a decent drum with maybe 100m on it?

I have over the years maneged to find thin coat angle beads for a similar if not cheaper price & the
electric sanders dont rip the edge of & make them go rusty ;)

DMC
27-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Only use ultraflex now,its worth paying a bit extra for the piece of mind it brings. BG have lost me as a customer as well, they need to get there house in order.

TonyM
27-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Currently use USG tape on bead for 90 degree externals, and No-coat for splays.

belmoreboy
27-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Had this mentioned by a few customers - will get this fed back to bg when i speak with them this week, we have been selling the wondertex brand for many years without issue.

Will be looking to stock th USG tape and tape on beads as tony uses very soon.

E.K Taper
29-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I had probs with BG flex before I went on hols. More lightweight than the norm, and it was all 'ribbed', all sort of wavey davey. Pish, to be honest! My contractor sent out the BG rep and he confirmed it was pish and said it was a bad batch, took the stuff away and said we shouldn't have any probs withthe next batch as they were reverting back to the previous stuff.
Apparently it was made in China and was to save money!

Beermonster
09-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Its shittttttttt!!!!!!!!

USG
09-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Anyone fancy trying out the Sheetrock flexi-metal or our beads let me know and i will sort out some for you to try

TonyM
09-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Anyone fancy trying out the Sheetrock flexi-metal or our beads let me know and i will sort out some for you to try

Hey Michael. Did I imagine it, or do you make a hinged tape on bead for splays? Still using the B1W, its grrreeeeeaaaaat!

USG
09-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Hey Michael. Did I imagine it, or do you make a hinged tape on bead for splays? Still using the B1W, its grrreeeeeaaaaat!

Hi Tony

Yes we do - its refernce is B1 Beaded Flex - we have it in stock in 10ft lengths - 50 lengths per ctn

Did I not leave you a sample of all the beads we do ?

Let me know and I can get a strip posted out

TonyM
09-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Hi Tony

Yes we do - its refernce is B1 Beaded Flex - we have it in stock in 10ft lengths - 50 lengths per ctn

Did I not leave you a sample of all the beads we do ?

Let me know and I can get a strip posted out

I've not seen it. Do Plymouth Encon keep it, as I have to make an order shortly?

USG
09-08-2010, 08:20 PM
I've not seen it. Do Plymouth Encon keep it, as I have to make an order shortly?

They should do - I will check tomorrow and let you know

If they don't I can get it down to you in a couple of days

TonyM
09-08-2010, 08:51 PM
They should do - I will check tomorrow and let you know

If they don't I can get it down to you in a couple of days

Ideal ta.

Dobietaper
03-09-2010, 03:30 PM
am using now sheetrock flex corner tape its much bettter than british gypsum orange boxes (new yellow 1 r even worst than orange) But looks like fastset dinny want stick properly to that green part of paper