PDA

View Full Version : Hilti vcu

turrican_007
09-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi, Does anyone use the hilti vcu vacuum, I'm looking at getting the vcu 40 which i have been quoted 385 +vat (rrp 699 +vat) Lot of money for a vacuum, but they do a vcu 20 as well, could anyone advise, basically are they worth that money?

TonyM
09-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Yes mate. It's an awesome piece of kit. That's a good price too 385 + vat. Only downside is that it is very heavy after you've sanded a house down, and the bags are expensive.

turrican_007
10-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Ive just been offered 2 x hilti vcu 50 for 350, second hand, the guy has 12 for sale, i think thats a very good deal so i told him i would have them,

There`s a guy on a site sanding with one, and he told me not to bother with the dust bags? because they are built for cement dust and the drywall dust would do them no harm, whats your thoughts on that? it would be nice not to have to use the bags (cheaper aswell)

TonyM
10-02-2009, 04:46 PM
I had mine serviced recently. New filter, pat tested, and 2 new front castors for 120 collected & delivered back. They recommended I use bags, but they're going to at a fiver a time. I'm not using bags at the moment,but the dust does get in all the workings and can't be doing it much good. I'm going to make a long life bag for it when I get time.

turrican_007
11-02-2009, 03:50 PM
hehehe, nice one, what will you use pair of the tights or sommit... we use the makita ones at the moment (200 new), and i have never used bags in them, but they only last about 2 years, having said that 100 a year i suppose ain't to bad, but as i said i will be getting the 2 hilti ones on Friday. I will have to look into using the bags but in my experience if you don't empty them every 20 Min's or so they split..and when your sanding as you know you tend to get caught in the moment and forget...

TonyM
11-02-2009, 04:10 PM
I made a bag for my last hoover out of the hard cardboard bit that slots over the inlet, stitched to a doubled up pillow case with a zip for emptying. It lasted over a year, and kept the dust out of the filters.

turrican_007
12-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Something i have never thought about, but a good idea :fing02: Might get the moose to make me one.

TonyM
22-02-2009, 03:07 PM
How are you getting on with the Hilti?

turrican_007
23-02-2009, 03:11 PM
I used one of them today, brilliant bit of kit and so quiet after the makita one`s, when i finished i didn't have that ringing In me ears, and i didn't have to empty it till the job was finished. Going to use the other one on Wednesday hope that one`s just as good.
I have not put a bags in them, see how it goes...

Richard Blain
23-06-2011, 08:25 AM
The vacuum will work best with a dust bag...even for drywall sanding. If the Hilti ones are too expensive you can get away with strong black bin liners.
The only thing you need to do is punch about 10 holes around the bag just under where you fold it over the casing. Otherwise the bag will inflate like a balloon everytime the vacuum self-cleaning mechanism kicks in.