PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of any good taping and or drylining courses in London area?

viking10
07-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Hi all.Im currently working as a groundworker but looking at getting into taping and drylining.Does anyone know of any comprehesive courses in the London area?Not just these mickey mouse 5 day ones but one that would give enough of a base to get started in the industry.Thanks in advance for any help

amestaper
07-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Dont knock the 'mickeymouse 5 day' as you say courses. I already had a few years experience in hand taping and sanding for someone else and used one of these British Gypsum courses as an intro to learn how to strip down, maintain and use a taping kit. I only learned the basics but a few clients I already had, and a f*ck you I wont fail attitude were all I needed to get a foothold.

One step at a time viking.

JON RAMBO
07-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Dont knock the 'mickeymouse 5 day' as you say courses. I already had a few years experience in hand taping and sanding for someone else and used one of these British Gypsum courses as an intro to learn how to strip down, maintain and use a taping kit. I only learned the basics but a few clients I already had, and a f*ck you I wont fail attitude were all I needed to get a foothold.

i thought we weren't allowed to fu**ing swear!

JON RAMBO
07-08-2010, 09:17 PM
i suppose taping is the next step up from working in the shit:D

turrican_007
08-08-2010, 05:39 AM
A 5 day course will not make you a taper but its a good start.

Captain perfect
08-08-2010, 09:33 AM
You could give British Gypsum a call, they use to have a training centre in Erith.

BG were once the market leaders in the UK for all things Gypsum. But now quite a few other
companies have moved in.

amestaper
08-08-2010, 07:18 PM
i thought we weren't allowed to fu**ing swear!

You're god damn right about that. :p

You could give British Gypsum a call, they use to have a training centre in Erith.

Erith was where I did the course. I had to do this so I could hire a taping kit all those years ago, now they just give them out willy-nilly. :(

Captain perfect
08-08-2010, 07:46 PM
You're god damn right about that. :p

Erith was where I did the course. I had to do this so I could hire a taping kit all those years ago, now they just give them out willy-nilly. :(

Same as ;)

You could not by all the ''kit'' When all this was fields.

viking10
09-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Ok lads thanks

DMS
09-08-2010, 09:20 PM
oaklands college are offering courses from november, google them they are in ST. Albans

belmoreboy
11-08-2010, 10:29 AM
could offer one bit better than that for you - actually FREE !!

If you interested in purchasing speedtape pro tools then i can have the demonstration team visit you on site and spend bit of time with you running through the best methods of tape and joint hand and auto tape.

If you dont have a site on the go or any taping jobs, then you can always come to our place in Norwich, we have room dedicated to tape and joint training, and yes again it wouldnt cost you a penny aprt from your fuel.

Let me know if youre interested - in fact if anyone else is interested we could a few of you here as an intro to taping and jointing and the associated tools.

kilwinkie
13-08-2010, 10:19 PM

you have had 5 days training?????? Erm no coment :p

amestaper
14-08-2010, 07:15 AM
you have had 5 days training?????? Erm no coment :p

Dont you start. I've seen your work. :D

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz86/amestaper/cash.jpg

currierplastering
12-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Is this still available?

could offer one bit better than that for you - actually FREE !!

If you interested in purchasing speedtape pro tools then i can have the demonstration team visit you on site and spend bit of time with you running through the best methods of tape and joint hand and auto tape.

If you dont have a site on the go or any taping jobs, then you can always come to our place in Norwich, we have room dedicated to tape and joint training, and yes again it wouldnt cost you a penny aprt from your fuel.

Let me know if youre interested - in fact if anyone else is interested we could a few of you here as an intro to taping and jointing and the associated tools.

belmoreboy
13-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Sorry this is not really available anymore! BUT if you are interested in buying a set of tools or any taping tools - here at Belmore there is always someone available to run through the ins and outs of the tools.