PDA

View Full Version : sander hoover bags

Raymond Cairney
18-08-2010, 07:12 PM
hi all, jist wondering wheres the cheapest to buy makita hoover bags?. am using a pillowcase just now only contains some of the dust. its a good idea if u run out but i had tae buy a new sander cos of the dust that leaked in to it. cheers

Captain perfect
18-08-2010, 07:27 PM
I have never used the paper bags in any of our hoovers & had no probs. with vacs or sanders due to dust!

But I do put in a Makita dust bag of a old saw bench this is ratchet tied to the inlet & emptied via
the large zip on the bottom,

We do blow out the filters with a airline, prob once a month.

the_legend
18-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Belmore tools probebly does them,or dan mills.i think i saw someone selling cloth hoover bags but can't remember who just phone they dudes and they'll put you right mate

turrican_007
20-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Hoover bags are a waste of money, better of without erm, the makita has a nylon filter so i wouldnt bother with bags, and the hilti filters are indestructible.

Captain perfect
20-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Hoover bags are a waste of money,.

+1

belmoreboy
20-08-2010, 08:17 AM
We see soooooo many knackered vacs that don't use bags, think the key is to empty the vac before it gets above half full as too much dust in the motor heats it up and kills it in no time.

Blowing the filters out as captain says makes huge difference to the life of the vac motor

mik mpd
24-08-2010, 09:20 PM
the bags that came with my festool hoover are just like bin liners that roll over the top so they aren't actually stopping the dust getting to the filter, they seem a complete waste of time. Surely the idea of the bag is to be sealed so it keeps the dust inside!! do i need to buy different bags???
these are the ones with it but they do sell the paper ones at a ridiculous price just wandering if i really need them??

http://www.festool.co.uk/Products/Accessories/Pages/Detail.aspx?pid=495015&name=SR-filters-and-filter-bags-ENS-SRM-45-LHS-225-5X

Captain perfect
24-08-2010, 09:34 PM
I know the one you mean,

You could just as well stick in a heavy duty bin liner & poke a hole in the side.

I think they come in rolls of 50 ;)

christaper22
25-08-2010, 05:42 AM
Ive ruined a makita in no time by using it without a bag! Got a bosch one now but the bags are 8 and they rip every time you empty them.

The filter on this one seems better than the makita though.

mik mpd
25-08-2010, 06:25 PM
i used a bosch gas 50 for six years before i had the festool and i never used a bag once, it was a crackin hoover.
These festool bags are the same as if you didn't have a bag in though thats what i dont understand they just seem a waste of time

turrican_007
25-08-2010, 07:00 PM
If its a small hoover just empty it every few rooms and it should not be a problem, when the bags splits the hoovers full of dust anyway.

saleen836
25-08-2010, 07:23 PM
I use a Loveless hoover which has paper/cloth type bags at around 6 each from the states, they can be emptied carefully but after a few plots of emptying them they start to become useless, what I have done now is cut the bottom approx 6inches and used self adhesive velcro to keep it closed, this makes for very easy emptying and makes the bag last a lot longer. You could try it with the Festool bags?

belmoreboy
25-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Will have a look see what price i can get the cloth bags for makita vac for Raymond and will check with bosch about your bags chris.

Regarding the festool bags the paper bags are best suited for fine ames dust, which kills vacs after a time if not contained.

The plastic bag shipped with the vac - we used to remove this because its confusing for everyone as mentioned it still allows dust to get to filter which is pointless.

They are designed for wood collection really.

Best price we can do on the paper bags for 5 pack = 22.50 + vat whiich should be competitive.

Low on stock only few packs but if few people interested we may be able to bulk buy and get better discount let me know.

ps - Saleen - think i might have a loveless bag in stock if you want it for peanuts - will have a look and pm you later

saleen836
26-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Cheers!

ALROH57
10-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Got a PORTER CABLE sander and vac 7812 google DEWALT DW793 the vac is the same and begs cheaper same for spares