PDA

View Full Version : Gyproc BladeRunner

amestaper
17-02-2009, 09:49 AM
This Bladerunner tool looks like a crossbreed of a PC mouse and electric shaver. Thought it was worth a mention as I'm about to buy one myself. Averaging between the 30-40 mark this tool could pay for itself in a single day. Anyone got one already?

See the video here at http://www.gyprocbladerunner.com/index.php

TonyM
17-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Hang fire a minute. Most people that have bought them reckon they are crap. Read some reviews on other plastering forums.

amestaper
17-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks Tony, appreciate your straight talking. :fing02: Will look for a few other reviews elsewhere first. That video does make it look very easy to use, but I did wonder how long those blades will last.

Just noticed the other plastering forum I sometimes browsed at ukspreads has been completely changed. It was a good site with helpful advice and topics that was destroyed by hackers. They had to begin all over again as they were locked out of their own database. A lot of the information was relevant to the stuff we do here and its a great shame its been lost.

Nice to see they've got their site up and running again.

admin
19-02-2009, 09:07 AM
I was also aware of that forum and it's good to see they are still in operation. I try to take a daily database backup because you just don't know who has it in for you and what makes those people tick, do you?

belmoreboy
08-05-2009, 10:20 AM
With regards to bladerunner - mixed views - in it;s own right there is no other tool on the market that actually does the same thing so it's a tool that will warrant a place in any boarders toolbox - cutting arches odd shapes and turning direction is a doddle with the runner - we are still selling about 80-100 a month through various channels and all across europe.

Blades last 1000 lin metres so we dont sell many blades (they last too long !!!) Wont replace a stanley knife but the cut you get from runner is so crisp if you get the right job where you need to rip the top or side off every board it makes complete sense to use the runner - not an everyday tool but one which has really pushed the boundries on drywall tools in the last 5 years.
Reports from gyproc state 25,000 sold in uk so far!

kilwinkie
29-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Reports from gyproc state 25,000 sold in uk so far!

A mate of mine works for Jewson and tells me that on the computer system there is 1900no of these in stock with Jewson alone :eek: How many of the 25000 are gathering dust on shelves :confused:

belmoreboy
29-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Sold 24 today !!

We sell these things all over Europe especially Scandinavian countries and best still we sell them back to usa where they come from !

Never quite understood why Jewsons & Travis type merchants have these items in stock as they don't get boarders coming in every day! every customer that walks through our door and 60% that shop through our online store board regularly.

kilwinkie Tap - let your friend at Jewsons know i would be happy give them an offer for their stock of runners and Blades :fing02:

ps kilwinkie Tap welcome to the forum ! Great to have you here!

SpeedtapePRO
29-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Gyproc also offer on-site demo's of Bladerunner! :)

drywallgirl29
07-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi there
The blade runner video and good prices I found here drywallzone.com

belmoreboy
08-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Much better to support your own belmoreboy !! :D if any members wanna bladerunner give me a shout at office sort you out some discount

kilwinkie tap did you mention to your mate at jewsons that i might be interested in their stock?

drywallgirl29
08-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi well good communications is key;)

danmonken
14-01-2010, 06:18 PM
I bought one of these last year, cos i thought it may come in handy, put to be honest i hardly sees the light of day, mainly cos it is to bulky to carry in my tool pouch, and i mostly work directly off a pack of boards and the blade runner needs access to both sides of the board to cut.