PDA

View Full Version : Corner bead hopper

DMC
25-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Anyone here use one? Have been thinking of getting one and was wondering what the popular opinion on them is.

Put on 5 boxes of flex tape today and have no finger prints left, nips like :censored:

Just one more thing,for thos eof that use them what adhesive do you use with it? we are currently being supplied with fast set,need an alternative. Thanks in advance :fing02:

crack filler
25-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Been using one for about 6 months now and love it knocks about an hour off taping a 3 bed house up. I use normal flex in it an had no comebacks, I use cement in it wipe them out with a corner roller then coat up with filler, basically by the time my mate has scrimmed the house I have cut the angle and got them on. A full hopper does about 4 rolls of flex

TonyM
25-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Worth every penny, although mine was a freebie. Using USG beads and cement, easifill, and filler,(not all at the same time, but depending on how many beads I have to fix).

Goodmanatee
25-10-2010, 08:35 PM
It's the future!

2buck
26-10-2010, 03:53 AM
I would purchase a compound tube with a bead applicator ,way more faster,just to much walking involved with a bead box,too much clean up .etc....surprised they even still make them when you can just make one your self.cut 2 V's in a bucket or mud box,stick a scrap bead through it to act as a guide ,pull up or down on the bead to control mud flow,simple but messy,,,,,,with bead applicator,you can cut and leave bead where it is suppose to go,come along with compound tube,load,stick,roll,scrap,done,move on to next one,not back and forth to damn bead box,walk walk walkwalk........think about it,here's a link

http://www.canamtool.com/products/disambigAppHeads

TonyM
26-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Have now got hopper on a little trolley that follows me around like a little puppy.

the_legend
26-10-2010, 06:51 PM
i want the setup 2bucks on about seems to me a better idea to me,i did think about getting the hopper a little while ago what kinda price are we on for a mud tube and external corner applicator anybody know?.

Goodmanatee
26-10-2010, 08:56 PM
i want the setup 2bucks on about seems to me a better idea to me,i did think about getting the hopper a little while ago what kinda price are we on for a mud tube and external corner applicator anybody know?.

Ask the memebers who have shops. I'm sure they'll do some deals.
It's a good way to do it with the tube. recently changed to tube,app and roller method slashed loads of time of the angles.( makes it easier for beginners as well, It's doubled the lads pace on angles)
never tried with a hopper. would the hopper be easier if up a scaffold or in tight spot?

belmoreboy
26-10-2010, 09:10 PM
DMC - maybe worth looking at an outside corner roller save the fingers - sweet bit of kit Columbia one only 39.99 fits nailspotter or corner roller handle
USG hopper currently 99.50

Legend - couple of options better than ever tubes start from 58.40 then choice of app head either std plastic or red diamond upgrade starting from 79 -

happy to talk anyone through available options

Lastly apologoes for my absence latley no excuses just been so stacked but always a pleasure to be back amongst friends Cheers !

DMC
27-10-2010, 06:20 PM
DMC - maybe worth looking at an outside corner roller save the fingers - sweet bit of kit Columbia one only 39.99 fits nailspotter or corner roller handle
USG hopper currently 99.50

Thanks for the info, would it fit the better than ever corner handle??