• Ames Taping Tools Completes Its Reorganization

Good News In These Grim Times:

ATLANTA, March 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Ames Taping Tools, the world's leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of automatic taping and finishing tools, announced it has completed its financial restructuring and successfully emerged from Chapter 11.

"Our company faced unprecedented challenges with the residential and commercial construction decline since 2006," says Peter Alexander of Ames. "The financial restructuring allowed Ames to emerge with a stronger balance sheet, enhanced liquidity, and a streamlined cost structure. The New Ames will continue its heritage of product innovation and close customer relationships, while working to create new product lines and cost effective solutions for the drywall industry."
    Ames also announced a new Board of Directors drawing upon a wide range of skills and background: William T. Allen, Chairman, CEO and President of Werner Company, David Gilchrist, President and CEO of Robert Family Holdings, Steven Kunkel, Managing Director of AEG Partners, Christopher S. Brothers, Managing Director of Saybrook Capital, Philip Raygorodetsky, Senior Managing Partner of GSC Group, Mark C. Hardy, Partner of Aurora Capital Group, and Peter Alexander, Turnaround Consultant and former CEO of ORCO Construction Supply.

About Ames

Ames, owned by Axia Acquisition Corp., is the #1 designer, manufacturer, marketer and distributor of Automatic Taping and Finishing (ATF) tools used by residential and commercial interior drywall contractors to finish drywall joints prior to painting, wallpapering or other forms of final treatment. Ames invented ATF tools and today is the leader in the ATF tool rental and sold market industry. Ames was founded over 70 years ago in California and is now headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
    Ames' principal business is the rental and service of its fleet of ATF tools through its network of Company-managed stores, franchised locations and rental stations located in over 100 markets throughout the US and Canada. Ames' Company-managed stores also sell a variety of merchandise including branded and Ames private label hand-finishing drywall tools, supplies and accessories. Distinct from its ATF tool rental business, Ames also sells ATF tools in the US, Canada and Internationally under the TapeTech brand name, through over 300 independent distributors and dealers.

Peter Alexander - Chief Restructuring Advisor
    770-243-2642

Drew Garner Chief Financial Officer
    770-243-2644

SOURCE Ames Taping Tools
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-89276792.html

This article was originally published in forum thread: Ames Taping Tools Completes Its Reorganization started by belmoreboy View original post
  • Social Networking

• Recent forum comments

saleen836

Young lad trainee/aprentice

Thread Starter: saleen836

Thinking of taking on a young lad/girl and training them up and to make my life easier :) Anyone done this and have any pros/cons? I know the...

Last Post By: saleen836 Yesterday, 06:51 PM Go to last post
    chola1971

Festool sander

Thread Starter: chola1971

Returned back to jointing this year and treated myself to a festool sander and dust extractor and a level 5 bazooka both have only been used a few...

Last Post By: chola1971 Yesterday, 05:59 PM Go to last post
    Alecj82

Supply and fix prices?

Thread Starter: Alecj82

Hi can anyone help me I have been asked to supply and fix on a large shop, I have never supplied my own gear before so what would be a sensible rate...

Last Post By: Alecj82 23-07-2016, 03:55 PM Go to last post
    belmoreboy

Tapetech Quickbox QSX

Thread Starter: belmoreboy

For all you tapers out there that like to box filler, worth looking at the New Tapetech Quickbox QSX I wasnt 100% sure when it first came out but...

Last Post By: belmoreboy 18-07-2016, 10:48 AM Go to last post
    Shiva

Flex GE5 Flex VCE 35 L AC Drywall Vac 110v

Thread Starter: Shiva

Hey Guys , I'v recently purchased these Items ( see Title ) as a Bundle and have to say the Sanding machine is Excellent . The Vaccuum also does a...

Last Post By: E.K Taper 16-07-2016, 10:45 PM Go to last post
    amestaper

drywall primer

Thread Starter: amestaper

Another thread in the DIY section got me thinking. Does nobody ever use drywall primer? :confused: It has its uses and I always recommend using...

Last Post By: E.K Taper 16-07-2016, 10:27 PM Go to last post
    Kenny0430

Refresher course

Thread Starter: Kenny0430

Hi All After recently returning to the industry after a few years off - I am finding myself very rusty with the bazooka - looking for a 1 day...

Last Post By: Kenny0430 16-07-2016, 09:42 AM Go to last post
    wallpaul

GT3 ready mix

Thread Starter: wallpaul

Anyone used this GT3 ready mix finish?

Last Post By: belmoreboy 13-07-2016, 04:58 PM Go to last post
    TurboTaperz

Materials for Sale

Thread Starter: TurboTaperz

Gyproc Pro-lite ready mixed joint cement...10 per 17l tub Catnic Angle Bead...20 per box(2.4mx50) Gyproc Drywall Primer...10 per 10l...

Last Post By: TurboTaperz 12-07-2016, 01:02 PM Go to last post
    Minksy89

Level 5 taping tools?

Thread Starter: Minksy89

Anyone have any first hand experience with level 5 tools? Thinking about getting corner box ,pump and 2.5inch angle head (nearly 300 cheaper than...

Last Post By: glens4life 06-07-2016, 06:10 PM Go to last post