Visit Belmore Tools online shop

• Ames Taping Tools Completes Its Reorganization

Good News In These Grim Times:

ATLANTA, March 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Ames Taping Tools, the world's leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of automatic taping and finishing tools, announced it has completed its financial restructuring and successfully emerged from Chapter 11.

"Our company faced unprecedented challenges with the residential and commercial construction decline since 2006," says Peter Alexander of Ames. "The financial restructuring allowed Ames to emerge with a stronger balance sheet, enhanced liquidity, and a streamlined cost structure. The New Ames will continue its heritage of product innovation and close customer relationships, while working to create new product lines and cost effective solutions for the drywall industry."
    Ames also announced a new Board of Directors drawing upon a wide range of skills and background: William T. Allen, Chairman, CEO and President of Werner Company, David Gilchrist, President and CEO of Robert Family Holdings, Steven Kunkel, Managing Director of AEG Partners, Christopher S. Brothers, Managing Director of Saybrook Capital, Philip Raygorodetsky, Senior Managing Partner of GSC Group, Mark C. Hardy, Partner of Aurora Capital Group, and Peter Alexander, Turnaround Consultant and former CEO of ORCO Construction Supply.

About Ames

Ames, owned by Axia Acquisition Corp., is the #1 designer, manufacturer, marketer and distributor of Automatic Taping and Finishing (ATF) tools used by residential and commercial interior drywall contractors to finish drywall joints prior to painting, wallpapering or other forms of final treatment. Ames invented ATF tools and today is the leader in the ATF tool rental and sold market industry. Ames was founded over 70 years ago in California and is now headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
    Ames' principal business is the rental and service of its fleet of ATF tools through its network of Company-managed stores, franchised locations and rental stations located in over 100 markets throughout the US and Canada. Ames' Company-managed stores also sell a variety of merchandise including branded and Ames private label hand-finishing drywall tools, supplies and accessories. Distinct from its ATF tool rental business, Ames also sells ATF tools in the US, Canada and Internationally under the TapeTech brand name, through over 300 independent distributors and dealers.

Peter Alexander - Chief Restructuring Advisor
    770-243-2642

Drew Garner Chief Financial Officer
    770-243-2644

SOURCE Ames Taping Tools
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-89276792.html

This article was originally published in forum thread: Ames Taping Tools Completes Its Reorganization started by belmoreboy View original post
  • Social Networking

• Recent forum comments

Cane88

Where can i get my NVQ 2

Thread Starter: Cane88

Evening people I took the NVQ level 2 back in 2009 and thought it was complete but ive just been told it isn't. I only want to do it as im moving...

Last Post By: prjwebb Yesterday, 09:34 PM Go to last post
    Beermonster

Freemans at Belmore

Thread Starter: Beermonster

No its not free!!:nono: LOL Has any of u guy's used the freemans readymix? Come's in boxes and its from Mr Marcus!!(Belmore) Good stuff, I would...

Last Post By: prjwebb Yesterday, 02:50 PM Go to last post
    ALROH57

National data base

Thread Starter: ALROH57

Does anyone think if there was a map and you could put a pin or outline your work area so potential employers could find fixers and tapers that work...

Last Post By: amestaper 19-10-2014, 09:03 PM Go to last post
    scottktmrider

hello from Missouri

Thread Starter: scottktmrider

I just joined the site, I have been a union carpenter since 1988, about the last 15 yes I've been commercial drywall, (hanging, framing metal studs...

Last Post By: scottktmrider 19-10-2014, 08:57 PM Go to last post
    JPxTPxMP

Anyone worked in Spain?

Thread Starter: JPxTPxMP

Good website, havent seen this before. Found you linked from a taping contractor while looking for work. Taper/jointer recently been made...

Last Post By: MUDMAX 18-10-2014, 06:45 PM Go to last post
    Seegs24

good crack

Thread Starter: Seegs24

Looking for a bit of help. I have taped a new house and all was fine, sanded it, then first coated ceilings and walls. Cracks on the ceiling in one...

Last Post By: Seegs24 18-10-2014, 01:47 PM Go to last post
    amestaper

Leaving the UK?

Thread Starter: amestaper

I do OK, I survive, I pay the mortgage, feed the wife and kids and go 3 holidays a year. I have managed to make a good living from this trade and am...

Last Post By: ALROH57 17-10-2014, 07:42 PM Go to last post
    MUDMAX

Southern Spain

Thread Starter: MUDMAX

G'day mates! Anybody's on drywall activity in Southern Spain?

Last Post By: MUDMAX 17-10-2014, 10:23 AM Go to last post
    saleen836

Sanding....

Thread Starter: saleen836

Ok, so when I'm sanding with the machine I wear ear defenders (must get on and retro fit headphones so i can listen to music while sanding) then when...

Last Post By: ALROH57 17-10-2014, 09:40 AM Go to last post
    amestaper

World Cup 2014 Competition

Thread Starter: amestaper

Want to enter our World Cup competition? In previous draws we have picked teams and the eventual winners are chosen in the first couple of posts...

Last Post By: ALROH57 17-10-2014, 08:11 AM Go to last post