• Ames Taping Tools Completes Its Reorganization

Good News In These Grim Times:

ATLANTA, March 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Ames Taping Tools, the world's leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of automatic taping and finishing tools, announced it has completed its financial restructuring and successfully emerged from Chapter 11.

"Our company faced unprecedented challenges with the residential and commercial construction decline since 2006," says Peter Alexander of Ames. "The financial restructuring allowed Ames to emerge with a stronger balance sheet, enhanced liquidity, and a streamlined cost structure. The New Ames will continue its heritage of product innovation and close customer relationships, while working to create new product lines and cost effective solutions for the drywall industry."
    Ames also announced a new Board of Directors drawing upon a wide range of skills and background: William T. Allen, Chairman, CEO and President of Werner Company, David Gilchrist, President and CEO of Robert Family Holdings, Steven Kunkel, Managing Director of AEG Partners, Christopher S. Brothers, Managing Director of Saybrook Capital, Philip Raygorodetsky, Senior Managing Partner of GSC Group, Mark C. Hardy, Partner of Aurora Capital Group, and Peter Alexander, Turnaround Consultant and former CEO of ORCO Construction Supply.

About Ames

Ames, owned by Axia Acquisition Corp., is the #1 designer, manufacturer, marketer and distributor of Automatic Taping and Finishing (ATF) tools used by residential and commercial interior drywall contractors to finish drywall joints prior to painting, wallpapering or other forms of final treatment. Ames invented ATF tools and today is the leader in the ATF tool rental and sold market industry. Ames was founded over 70 years ago in California and is now headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
    Ames' principal business is the rental and service of its fleet of ATF tools through its network of Company-managed stores, franchised locations and rental stations located in over 100 markets throughout the US and Canada. Ames' Company-managed stores also sell a variety of merchandise including branded and Ames private label hand-finishing drywall tools, supplies and accessories. Distinct from its ATF tool rental business, Ames also sells ATF tools in the US, Canada and Internationally under the TapeTech brand name, through over 300 independent distributors and dealers.

Peter Alexander - Chief Restructuring Advisor
    770-243-2642

Drew Garner Chief Financial Officer
    770-243-2644

SOURCE Ames Taping Tools
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-89276792.html

This article was originally published in forum thread: Ames Taping Tools Completes Its Reorganization started by belmoreboy View original post
  • Social Networking

• Recent forum comments

Callyknockbride

New to taping and jointing

Thread Starter: Callyknockbride

Hi I'm new to this and would like some help the company I work for does a lot of office fit outs and instead of getting tapers in we have started...

Last Post By: drywaller fininisher Yesterday, 11:40 PM Go to last post
    taperjoe

quality of materials

Thread Starter: taperjoe

Just got another box of scrim tape and pretty much like the last box at least a quater of the scrim tape is useless won't stick to the wall even the...

Last Post By: DMC Yesterday, 04:32 PM Go to last post
    belmoreboy

Tapetech Wizard Box Handle

Thread Starter: belmoreboy

Hi All New release The Tapetech wizard Box Handle - http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Tapetech-Wizard-Box-Handle.html Sold a few but...

Last Post By: rabbyc 01-07-2015, 07:42 PM Go to last post
    Dillon

Belmore WTF

Thread Starter: Dillon

Belmore WTF is going on for the last two day I have been trying to contact you to get a spare part, yesterday im put on hold to speak to an engineer...

Last Post By: belmoreboy 01-07-2015, 01:51 PM Go to last post
    cassie

Timesaver

Thread Starter: cassie

Hi all. new on here but a useful tip to save time on taping jobs is to fill tapered boards tapered edges with multi or board finish then Ames them...

Last Post By: E.K Taper 26-06-2015, 07:25 PM Go to last post
    cassie

Hi. Cassie from Sheffield

Hi lads. I'm Craig from Sheffield. It's good to have found this forum. Do any of you lads do other trades as well? I'm fully qualified in plastering,...

Last Post By: DMC 22-06-2015, 05:38 PM Go to last post
    clownshoes

newbie says hi

Thread Starter: clownshoes

Hi guys, Just dropped in to say hello, predominantly involved in wet plastering but occasionally get asked to dabble in the dark arts of jointing...

Last Post By: DMC 22-06-2015, 05:38 PM Go to last post
    Brian S

Mind blowing paper sculptures

Thread Starter: Brian S

Couldn't believe what I was watching :cool::cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG_4lXOMhRo&feature=youtu.be

Last Post By: dwatson 22-06-2015, 02:27 PM Go to last post
    cassie

2014 transit for sale

Hi palls im reluctantly selling my 2014 SWB transit. Had it for 14 months and am second owner cos it was a Demo model, absolutely mint except for...

Last Post By: clownshoes 15-06-2015, 10:56 PM Go to last post
    cassie

Free tiling course

Hi lads just wondering if any of you multi trade like me... ? im a plasterer, scaffolder, taper, plumber (basics, not gas) and tiler... Not...

Last Post By: rabbyc 14-06-2015, 12:42 PM Go to last post