Visit Belmore Tools online shop

• Ames Taping Tools Completes Its Reorganization

Good News In These Grim Times:

ATLANTA, March 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Ames Taping Tools, the world's leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of automatic taping and finishing tools, announced it has completed its financial restructuring and successfully emerged from Chapter 11.

"Our company faced unprecedented challenges with the residential and commercial construction decline since 2006," says Peter Alexander of Ames. "The financial restructuring allowed Ames to emerge with a stronger balance sheet, enhanced liquidity, and a streamlined cost structure. The New Ames will continue its heritage of product innovation and close customer relationships, while working to create new product lines and cost effective solutions for the drywall industry."
    Ames also announced a new Board of Directors drawing upon a wide range of skills and background: William T. Allen, Chairman, CEO and President of Werner Company, David Gilchrist, President and CEO of Robert Family Holdings, Steven Kunkel, Managing Director of AEG Partners, Christopher S. Brothers, Managing Director of Saybrook Capital, Philip Raygorodetsky, Senior Managing Partner of GSC Group, Mark C. Hardy, Partner of Aurora Capital Group, and Peter Alexander, Turnaround Consultant and former CEO of ORCO Construction Supply.

About Ames

Ames, owned by Axia Acquisition Corp., is the #1 designer, manufacturer, marketer and distributor of Automatic Taping and Finishing (ATF) tools used by residential and commercial interior drywall contractors to finish drywall joints prior to painting, wallpapering or other forms of final treatment. Ames invented ATF tools and today is the leader in the ATF tool rental and sold market industry. Ames was founded over 70 years ago in California and is now headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
    Ames' principal business is the rental and service of its fleet of ATF tools through its network of Company-managed stores, franchised locations and rental stations located in over 100 markets throughout the US and Canada. Ames' Company-managed stores also sell a variety of merchandise including branded and Ames private label hand-finishing drywall tools, supplies and accessories. Distinct from its ATF tool rental business, Ames also sells ATF tools in the US, Canada and Internationally under the TapeTech brand name, through over 300 independent distributors and dealers.

Peter Alexander - Chief Restructuring Advisor
    770-243-2642

Drew Garner Chief Financial Officer
    770-243-2644

SOURCE Ames Taping Tools
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-89276792.html

This article was originally published in forum thread: Ames Taping Tools Completes Its Reorganization started by belmoreboy View original post
  • Social Networking

• Recent forum comments

ALROH57

12'' stainless mud pans on Ebay

Thread Starter: ALROH57

Just found these on Ebay looks a good deal with free postage. ...

Last Post By: ALROH57 Today, 06:00 PM Go to last post
    Knauf Sheetrock

Article: Hello

Thread Starter: Knauf Sheetrock

You can view the page at http://www.tapingandjointing.com/forum/content/153-Hello

Last Post By: Knauf Sheetrock Today, 01:09 PM Go to last post
    danmonken

Hello from Hull

Thread Starter: danmonken

Hello everyone, Just had a good look round the forum, excellent site by the way.... surprised that i haven't come across it before. Anyway I am...

Last Post By: ALROH57 Yesterday, 08:58 PM Go to last post
    amestaper

How can we make this site better

Thread Starter: amestaper

I know you all lead busy lives, but please hang fire a moment before you hit the back button and disappear. This short survey is all about...

Last Post By: ALROH57 Yesterday, 08:42 PM Go to last post
    prjwebb

Internal setup/process

Thread Starter: prjwebb

I was hoping to get some advice on improving my internal corner setup as currently it's the slowest link in my process. I'm currently using BG joint...

Last Post By: prjwebb Yesterday, 05:26 PM Go to last post
    ALROH57

Board hanging

Anyone know why we dont hang boards on their side like the Americans ect. is it that we drive on the wrong side of the road or something.

Last Post By: Beermonster Yesterday, 02:18 PM Go to last post
    ALROH57

Belmoreboy

Hi marcus I tried to p.m. you but your messages are full. can you still get creaser wheel for flushers. ALAN

Last Post By: ALROH57 Yesterday, 01:16 PM Go to last post
    ALROH57

Handrails on scaffold

Nearly sacked yesterday for not having a high enough hand rail on my tower, was a double boarded one with a low hand rail. Right next to me was two...

Last Post By: Brian S 28-07-2014, 08:38 PM Go to last post
    Knauf Sheetrock

Help !!!!

Thread Starter: Knauf Sheetrock

Hi All, its been a while since I visited the site and put any posting on under my old profile of "USG". There has been lots of change in the...

Last Post By: ALROH57 27-07-2014, 09:57 AM Go to last post
    ALROH57

Bottled spring water

I was on a job last year just after rip out and just before fit-out the builder bit bringing building up to regs, and had to joint some ceilings and...

Last Post By: ALROH57 27-07-2014, 09:43 AM Go to last post