• Ames Taping Tools Completes Its Reorganization

Good News In These Grim Times:

ATLANTA, March 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Ames Taping Tools, the world's leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of automatic taping and finishing tools, announced it has completed its financial restructuring and successfully emerged from Chapter 11.

"Our company faced unprecedented challenges with the residential and commercial construction decline since 2006," says Peter Alexander of Ames. "The financial restructuring allowed Ames to emerge with a stronger balance sheet, enhanced liquidity, and a streamlined cost structure. The New Ames will continue its heritage of product innovation and close customer relationships, while working to create new product lines and cost effective solutions for the drywall industry."
    Ames also announced a new Board of Directors drawing upon a wide range of skills and background: William T. Allen, Chairman, CEO and President of Werner Company, David Gilchrist, President and CEO of Robert Family Holdings, Steven Kunkel, Managing Director of AEG Partners, Christopher S. Brothers, Managing Director of Saybrook Capital, Philip Raygorodetsky, Senior Managing Partner of GSC Group, Mark C. Hardy, Partner of Aurora Capital Group, and Peter Alexander, Turnaround Consultant and former CEO of ORCO Construction Supply.

About Ames

Ames, owned by Axia Acquisition Corp., is the #1 designer, manufacturer, marketer and distributor of Automatic Taping and Finishing (ATF) tools used by residential and commercial interior drywall contractors to finish drywall joints prior to painting, wallpapering or other forms of final treatment. Ames invented ATF tools and today is the leader in the ATF tool rental and sold market industry. Ames was founded over 70 years ago in California and is now headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
    Ames' principal business is the rental and service of its fleet of ATF tools through its network of Company-managed stores, franchised locations and rental stations located in over 100 markets throughout the US and Canada. Ames' Company-managed stores also sell a variety of merchandise including branded and Ames private label hand-finishing drywall tools, supplies and accessories. Distinct from its ATF tool rental business, Ames also sells ATF tools in the US, Canada and Internationally under the TapeTech brand name, through over 300 independent distributors and dealers.

Peter Alexander - Chief Restructuring Advisor
    770-243-2642

Drew Garner Chief Financial Officer
    770-243-2644

SOURCE Ames Taping Tools
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-89276792.html

This article was originally published in forum thread: Ames Taping Tools Completes Its Reorganization started by belmoreboy View original post
  • Social Networking

• Recent forum comments

Dillon

Knauff ready mix

Thread Starter: Dillon

Any body know what Knauf ready mix easy sand is like to sand I have been using it today and TBH it don't coat up to bad.

Last Post By: Beermonster 22-04-2015, 10:16 AM Go to last post
    DMC

Q tech sander

Thread Starter: DMC

Anyone any experience of the q tech sander as advertised on the Belmore site? In the market for a new one preferably without breaking the bank.

Last Post By: DMC 17-04-2015, 04:00 PM Go to last post
    sharky4872

porter cable drywall sander

Thread Starter: sharky4872

hi i have a porter cable sander and vacume pluss sanding discs all even thro in a 110 transformer and 3 leads all for 500

Last Post By: philis66 17-04-2015, 02:51 PM Go to last post
    James c

Job hunting

Thread Starter: James c

Hi all am looking for taping or spray plastering work around the North west! I have 15 years experience in taping and 6 years in spray plastering...

Last Post By: James c 17-04-2015, 01:30 AM Go to last post
    TonyM

New Screwgun.

Thread Starter: TonyM

Never thought i'd do it, but i've ditched my Hilti for the new Festool drywall gun. Great bit of kit. Fully automatic, you don't even have to squeeze...

Last Post By: TonyM 14-04-2015, 12:20 AM Go to last post
    topspec

looking for work

Thread Starter: topspec

Hi all. I've just moved to Lancashire,based in rossendale so now looking for taping work,willing to travel within reason in the north west. 28 years...

Last Post By: topspec 12-04-2015, 05:35 PM Go to last post
    Tapes&joints

Hilti gx100

Thread Starter: Tapes&joints

Can I use Hilti gx120gason a gx100 gun????

Last Post By: Brian S 07-04-2015, 11:34 AM Go to last post
    topspec

good evening lads

Thread Starter: topspec

Hope you are all well and keeping busy. My name is Paul. Been jointing and plastering for 27 years now,had my own business in Dorset for 15 years but...

Last Post By: topspec 06-04-2015, 01:37 PM Go to last post
    taperjoe

average sqm from material..

Thread Starter: taperjoe

well fellow tapers,, just wondering how many sqm do you guys get out of your buckets of gear for finish coating only i average 50-60 sqm from blue...

Last Post By: TonyM 04-04-2015, 04:13 PM Go to last post
    tom henry

fire taping

Thread Starter: tom henry

Hi all, great forum you got going here by the way. What do you generally all do when asked to fire tape? -bedding and paper tape and smooth...

Last Post By: taperjoe 03-04-2015, 09:43 PM Go to last post