Thread: what wins?

Thanks

Default what wins?

What joint cement is being used the most? I use arrow myself, cant fault it.

Thanks

Arrow is No1.Other joint cement's are like sanding glass,and that's with the electric sander,never mind the silly stick.

Thanks

i agree,lighter in bucket,lighter in boxes and bazzooker,shrinks less ,sands nice.

Thanks

BG Quicksand. Never tried Arrow as nobody stocks it down here. I'm a bit set in my ways and am sometimes reluctant to try cheaper brands, as the cheaper brands i've tried in the past ( Wondertex, Knauf & G-Tec,) i've not liked.

Thanks

Been about 10 years since Ive used Arrowlite. A light fluffy mix that was easy to sand is my recollection, the type of compound they like using over the water. Unfortunately theres nowhere near here I can buy the stuff although I do get the occasional mailshot from the company to let me know theyre still in business.

My invite for them to join here went unanswered so I dont hold their customer service in high regard.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

cant see past British gypsum, although i aint used much else. knauf promix lite is ok, easy to sand (even with the silly stick!) and doesnt shrink much, although its like filling your boxes with Angel Delight.

Thanks

ive been using british gypsum for years , but the past year ive noticed its really different , harder too sand ,even coating it seems different, used too say on bags EASY SAND. not now , i dint know if they have changed it slightly, maybe formula , its like the old pure velvet we used years ago,

Thanks

I agree, always use BG....but also noticed it is harder to sand. i remember the first time i used ready mix BG joint cement....left finishcoat 3 days to dry and when i went back i couldn't sand it!! lefarge was ok but knauff was worst i have used to date.

Thanks

I've used BG promix lite for a good few years but had to switch onto knauf for persimmon work. Can't stand their fast set and flex but really like the easy sand ready mix. Great to sand and smooth to work with.

Thanks

I the same as you, Ayrshire taper, had to change to knauf for persimmon. Fast set is horrendous! How can a professional drywall company make a compound sooooo bad????????? Flex is b*****ks too, burns the fingers off you and pops out everywhere. I DO like the cement though, although you need to be careful with the internal angles as it can struggle to cover the edges with 2 coats. And yes, it is easy to sand.

Thread Information