Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speedtape tools

Thanks

Default Speedtape tools

I got a new price list for speedtape tools today they seem fairly cheap thought i should share it with you guys. And just wondering what you think about speedtape tools as i've never used them

Thanks

Looks like the Speedtape range is made by Tapetech, and the Speedtape Pro by Blueline.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Looks like the Speedtape range is made by Tapetech, and the Speedtape Pro by Blueline.
    The blue one looks just like the old Premier bazooka and the Speedtape looks like a Tapetech gun repackaged with a sticker on it. Think theyre sold on by British Gypsum or Artex.

David Prout who is one of our members here sells tools at an affordable rate. A Speedtape full kit costs 3936 while the Taping Store sells a kit for 3150 with freebies thrown in. Remember there's still VAT to pay on those prices.

Hope this can save you some of your hard earned cash.

BTW. Nice speaking with you on Monday.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

It's an expensive sticker perhaps?

Thanks

The Speedtape Pro tools are made by Finish Pro tools and branded as Speedtape pro. They where launched in the USA a while ago and from my sources there I understand that they are not the best on the market the quailty is reorted as not as good as would be expected.
    David
    NO1 for TapeTech Taping tools
    www.thetapingstore.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Taping Store View Post
    The Speedtape Pro tools are made by Finish Pro tools and branded as Speedtape pro. They where launched in the USA a while ago and from my sources there I understand that they are not the best on the market the quailty is reorted as not as good as would be expected.
    Thanks for that. Immitations they are then! Now I see why theres no close up photo's.
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Cheers guy's for all the feed back I see that the taping store is the way to go checked it out i'd rate tape tech one of the best tools out there.

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks

David's right

The Speedtape pro is rebranded Finish Pro made by goldblatt in USA - they have been making taping tools for some time now and to be fair you get what you pay for -(no flash graphics or flash colours but basic taping tools) sold plenty and seem to be lasting well.
    Tapetech are good though and so are Columbia,Northstar,Blueline & Drywall Master - all have their own good and bad points.

Buying a set of taping tools needs some thought and be happy to talk anyone through purchasing their fisrt set or upgrading (Free Training at our warehouese with any set purchased) feel free to call anytime
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    David's right

The Speedtape pro is rebranded Finish Pro made by goldblatt in USA - they have been making taping tools for some time now and to be fair you get what you pay for -(no flash graphics or flash colours but basic taping tools) sold plenty and seem to be lasting well.
    Tapetech are good though and so are Columbia,Northstar,Blueline & Drywall Master - all have their own good and bad points.

Buying a set of taping tools needs some thought and be happy to talk anyone through purchasing their fisrt set or upgrading (Free Training at our warehouese with any set purchased) feel free to call anytime
    Hey guys. I agree with most of what belmoreboy has said, but I have to say from a personal point of view the Speetape PRO kit is one of the main contenders in the UK market at the moment. Our company are so sure about the quality of their tools and the finish, they give a 2yr warranty when purchased from any of our distibutors. We also offer free on-site demo's so that tradesmen like yourself (if your seriously interested in buying) can see first hand just how good these tools are.
    I have to be honest and say I was pretty skeptical of these tools being a long time speedtape user (18 yrs), but I can honestly say the PRO kit is very good. And at the moment they are probably one of the cheapest kits you can buy in the UK as I'm typing this. But I have always said the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and that's why demonstrations are so important.
    We also have demonstrators in both Scotland and England if you ever think about try before you buy
    Last edited by SpeedtapePRO; 02-07-2009 at 05:21 PM.
    http://www.artexltd.com/

Marc Wilson
    Technical Support Manager
    Gyproc Tools and Artex

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Speed tape pro is Goldblatt, made 100% in china and constantly rebranded due to quality issues. They may have sorted some of it out now, but I haven't heard a great deal of long term positive. From my perspective, and from experience in the US/Canadian market, The introduction of Goldblatt in whatever form it takes usually causes a dip in sales in the other brands on the market followed closely by a reurgence, due to people discovering the quality issues. Which long term benefits us. Speedtape is Tapetech, which are good tools but have unfortunately also moved there manufacturing 100% to china (though with the benefit of having already established a good working tool prior), so quality of materials has suffered compared to what it used to be. I have chosen to exclusively stock NorthStar tools due to the fact that the materials are sourced and tools manufactured exclusively in Canada to the highest level in the industry and backed by a 5 year warranty. Though the price tag is higher, the tools run smoother, last much longer and I do not have to field calls from angry customers. 1700.00 is only cheap if you don't have to pay it again and again. For tools that should last minimum of 5 years it is a fairly minor investment to put an extra 5 or 600.00 into it to ensure they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedtapePRO View Post
    Hey guys. I agree with most of what belmoreboy has said, but I have to say from a personal point of view the Speetape PRO kit is one of the main contenders in the UK market at the moment. Our company are so sure about the quality of their tools and the finish, they give a 2yr warranty when purchased from any of our distibutors. We also offer free on-site demo's so that tradesmen like yourself (if your seriously interested in buying) can see first hand just how good these tools are.

I have to be honest and say I was pretty skeptical of these tools being a long time speedtape user (18 yrs), but I can honestly say the PRO kit is very good. And at the moment they are probably one of the cheapest kits you can buy in the UK as I'm typing this. But I have always said the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and that's why demonstrations are so important.
    We also have demonstrators in both Scotland and England if you ever think about try before you buy

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Hi Fellas Speedtape pro is Goldblatt, 100% made in china and constantly rebranded due to quality issues. I haven't had the chance to run the latest incarnation, so they may have worked out some of the problems, but I haven't heard much positive as far as long term viabilty of the tools. Speedtape is Tapetech rebranded for BG, which generally speaking are good tools, however 3 years ago they moved their manufacturing to China and have suffered from a subsequent drop in quality. From experience in the North American market the introduction of Goldblatt in whatever form it currently takes causes an innital drop in sales of the traditional brands until users run into the long term issues with the tools and invariably come back to the fold. 1700.00 for a full set of tools is only cheap if you do not have to keep paying it year in and year out. I have chosen to exclusively stock NorthStar (rightly or wrongly) due to the fact that they are the highest quality tool on the market, run smoothest straight out of the box, last longest and have a full 5 year warranty. NorthStar sources all of it's materials, and manufacturers it's tools exclusively in Canada and assembles them in Georgia, resulting in a 40% higher cost of manufacture than it's chinese competition, but if you are running the tools all day evey day is it worth going for a cheaper brand? how much will you really be saving when you have to get the machines in for repair/replacement or you are struggling with usability straight away? The real cost starts when the tool breaks down when you need it most. My thought is the extra money you pay for NorthStar is in fact a cost savings in the long term, and an investment in the productivity of your company. As noted earlier forum members have a 10% discount off all web prices www.dmsolutionsuk.co.uk though you will have to call to order as i am still working some bugs out of the site. cheers and good luck

Thanks

I may be wrong but i don't think so !

* What is wrong with something that is made in china? (if price is correct for materials used)
    * 99% of ALL power tools are made in china/ Taiwan or Japan (Including most drywall sanders !!)
    * 99% of household electricals are made in china/ Taiwan or Japan (look at the back of your flashy new lcd or plasma tv - would you not buy it because its from far east)
    * Many of our cars on the roads in UK are made in the far east (cars assembled here - parts are generally from far east)
    * Most products that are successful in the USA or UK or rest of EU end up being produced in china to fulfill the demand and increase overheads to allow profits to be put back into design and research for future tool improvements - it's the way of the modern world, love it or hate it.

I refer back to my previous comment as long as you purchase taping tools from a reputable company that can offer the full warranty facility and hold a full stock of parts at the right prices then you are in good hands.

Just out of curiosity how many tapers out there are using their auto taping tools every day of the week ?? I would bet that many just don't have the contracts right now !?
    01603 787464

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Default Speedtape pro

Just as long as people know what they are getting into, that is fine. as i mentioned earlier tape tech is made in china now, which shouldnt take too much away from the functionality of the tool as they have the design down pat, but there is a big difference in quality of materials so longevity will suffer. Goldblatt still hasn't got the basics right so, there really isnt much going for it. You may want to look at this video for further points, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIRgf_EphO8 just so people aren't thinking they are comparing apples for apples, there is a good reason the tools are much cheaper. if you can support them all the power to you.

Thanks

Admin could you please remove my quote DMS has posted.. it's been edited to incorporate his website links
    http://www.artexltd.com/

Marc Wilson
    Technical Support Manager
    Gyproc Tools and Artex

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

sorry about that, was unintentional, i didn't think that it had posted as an error message came up when i tried to post it hence the second post.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedtapePRO View Post
    Admin could you please remove my quote DMS has posted.. it's been edited to incorporate his website links
    Where have you been lately? Quote amended.

Thanks

Think DMS must have forgotton to post this link so i thought i would http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isdQc...eature=related

01603 787464

Thanks

Thumbs up

I too saw the video on you tube that DMS posted the link to. This was after I had bought Speedtape Pro flatboxes and to be perfectly honest I encountered the same problem with them. However as recommended by Belmoreboy to a previous post of mine, a few soaks in warm water and a couple of rooms worth of use and these boxes are running great. No complaints.

Thanks

DMS - having read your post I was a liitle dimayed to hear that TapeTech has moved production to China. So as I used to work for them and Mark Wilson their International Sales Director is a freind of mine I thought I would check it out.

TapeTech where horrified to find out that there good name and reputaion was being questioned in this way. Mark assured me that the have not and have no intention of moving or moved any of the tool production to China. The TapeTech tools are still made in Atlanta GA where they have total control of the manufacturing and quality provcess. Having spent time in the production facility in atlanta I can assure you that the tools are produced to with the greatest care and with skilled and experianced staff.
    David
    NO1 for TapeTech Taping tools
    www.thetapingstore.com

20. The Following User Says Thank You to The Taping Store For This Useful Post:

belmoreboy (15-02-2010)

Thanks

Just for the record, the comments above by DMS contradict the tapingandjointing.com management’s opinions of the Tapetech brand which we still hold, very much in high esteem.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to amestaper For This Useful Post:

The Taping Store (15-02-2010)

Thread Information