Thread: taping and filling

Thanks

Default taping and filling

hi folks, new to the site, discovered it whilst looking for prices, my problem is this............... i have been doing taping now for about 18yrs (i am a painter) but just bits an bobs, patches etc, then recently done some garage/loft conversion, now onto the full works, a massive house to do plus coving as well, i am not sure of exact meterage but there is on the top floor 3 bed 2 toilet 1 cuboard and large hall/stair with many angles because it is in roof, downstairs we have large kitchen and pantry, long hallway, utility room, dining room, lounge, 2 bathrooms and a bedroom, and there must be at least 30 windows and numerous archways, coving is only going downstairs and a rough estimate i need 10 box gyproc cornice, need to write a price out and i is Freaking out, it is probably my biggest job myself as i am doing the painting as well, massive task, any help with pricing it would be great, many thanks

Thanks

Do you really want to risk a rough estimate and diddle yourself out of time and hard earned cashflow? You need to find out the square meterage of plasterboard, and how much corner bead and coving will be needed. Ceiling height should also be a factor to consider. My rates go up for anything over 2.4 metres high.

Try and arrange an hourly rate or come back with some sizes.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

i'm afraid amestaper is spot on Miles, easiest way is to measure up or charge hourly rate. Just taking into account the coving, standard box contains 18m(3x6m lengths) and you need ten boxes....I'd charge 2 a metre and at 180m that's 360. i wouldn't charge hourly rate as more times than not you end up regretting doing job. do yourself a favour and measure up mate...if anything it will be good experience for you. good luck.

Thread Information