Thread: Advice please

Thanks

Default Advice please

What peoples views on the better than ever compound mud tube. I know that best bets the bazzoka but i just cant afford it. I use a painters roller on the end of a stick at the minute and thought the mud tube would be quicker and alot cleaner. Also are the better than ever flushers any good?

Thanks for the advice.

Getting the hang of this Goodmanatee's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got a tube and inside corner app, but don't have a flusher. Only comes out when I've got 1 room to do. Just use my knife to wipe.
    Also use Lambs wool roller too.
    The tube is quicker for one room. But does take a bit of getting use to.
    Start with the tube first if your strapped for cash.

Thanks

I got the tube and the flushers, never got on with the tube but know people who use it and love it and have seen it work but it was messy, ( I only gave it 20mins) I use the roller and a flusher with great success, around 20mins to do a whole house. The tapers I know who use the tube preferred the red diamond head

Thanks

I use the better than ever system for my internals. It does take a bit of getting used to but IMO its worth persevering with, cant imagine going back to a corner roller, tidy job and its quick.

Season Ticket Holder scottishlad2k10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DMC View Post
    I use the better than ever system for my internals. It does take a bit of getting used to but IMO its worth persevering with, cant imagine going back to a corner roller, tidy job and its quick.
    what is the better than ever system? and where can i find it? aha

Thanks

the better than ever tools can be found on belmore tools I use the internal stuff but as I have said before I dont get on with the pump, I use a decorators corner roller to apply joint cement put the tape on then wipe out with first a 2" combo flusher then a 3" corner flusher, dont have to use a bench or crate at all while wiping out and gives the internal a sort of first coat, the when topping corner roller again and 3" flusher then just a slight touch up in the corners.Always keep the flushers in water when using slides over everything easier.there are vids on belmore.

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks

If you get the combi flusher for the tube, take the little triangle off that covers the hole, you can then use the mud thicker.

You'll need a 3" flusher and a 2" combi flusher and an internal applicator.
    Use the 3" one first after putting the tape on, then the combi for the 2nd coat

The tube is well worth getting, just don't get a 4ft it's too unweildy, (I know, I found out)
    persevere with it, it does work.

Watch the BTE videos

Getting the hang of this Goodmanatee's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got a 4 footer as well, yes its a bit harder to use when full of gear, all 8 feet of it. love to smash to handle when walking around with it.
    So what the best size one to use?

Thanks

just been looking at the better than ever stuff on belmore... just wonder what is needed........

from what i see i know id need to get............

Compound Mud Tube
    90 Inside Corner Applicator Head

Extendable Corner Flusher Handle 4' - 7.5'

which flushers would yous reccomend? standard or direct or combo?

what about the flat applicator isit worth buying? if im looking at buying flatboxes?

what about the flat applicator isit worth buying? if im looking at buying flatboxes?

anyone used the bead pro??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_2jrsKeEe8
    Last edited by scottishlad2k10; 27-02-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottishlad2k10 View Post
    just been looking at the better than ever stuff on belmore... just wonder what is needed........

Compound Mud Tube

You'd be better off with a Tapetech Mudrunner. You see them occasionally on Ebay for around 300. No mess and easy to use. It's filled from a standard drywall pump which you'll need to fill your boxes.

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Compound Mud Tube

Hi Scottishlad

Just to cover some of your questions.

Tube and int applicator - essentials for the better than ever system (36" is most popular and std int applicator is good enough red diamond if you have the extra cash to play with will last a few years longer)

Extendable corner flusher handle - not essential, 4' fixed handle will cover most situations up to 2.7 - 3.0 m, if looking to save a bit thaen you could use the tube as applicator pole.

Standard flusher for finishing if you don't already have an angle head, 3" most popular.
    Combo flusher good option if you don't already ahve an internal corner roller.

Flat applicator, been slow seller but good economical option to a flatbox, not a total finishing option more of an applicator tool but get ames on the wall quickly.

Bead pro tool - awesome bit of kit ! not been as popular as we expected but mainly due to its cost and people not seeing it in action on site, the video doesnt do it justice its a really good bit of kit - probably the best option for finishing external bead on the market - the beadboxers have been a bit of a let down to be fair, this is the only other real option.

If you need any more advice give us a call anytime

Cheers
    Marcus
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    Hi Scottishlad

Just to cover some of your questions.

Tube and int applicator - essentials for the better than ever system (36" is most popular and std int applicator is good enough red diamond if you have the extra cash to play with will last a few years longer)

Extendable corner flusher handle - not essential, 4' fixed handle will cover most situations up to 2.7 - 3.0 m, if looking to save a bit thaen you could use the tube as applicator pole.

Standard flusher for finishing if you don't already have an angle head, 3" most popular.
    Combo flusher good option if you don't already ahve an internal corner roller.

Flat applicator, been slow seller but good economical option to a flatbox, not a total finishing option more of an applicator tool but get ames on the wall quickly.

Bead pro tool - awesome bit of kit ! not been as popular as we expected but mainly due to its cost and people not seeing it in action on site, the video doesnt do it justice its a really good bit of kit - probably the best option for finishing external bead on the market - the beadboxers have been a bit of a let down to be fair, this is the only other real option.

If you need any more advice give us a call anytime

Cheers
    Marcus

thanks for the reply/info belmore. just looking around and seeing =] getting bored of the hawk & trowel (float) as i watch videos on youtube and see how much easier it is with these gizmos and machines.........

not impressed buy the automatic tapers/bazookas probably because of the price? i like the look ofthe flatboxes.... probably will get one to see what like but im afraid itl be a used one for a first =] to see how id get on with it. also liked the look of the better than ever gear...... the tube and applicator nozzles. especially the internal nozzle for recoating zoom around the room slappin it on then run around with a flusher........ looks great!

as for the beat pro tool. it is a verry clever piece of equipment i was like "wow wow wow ima get me one" then seen the price lol and was oh no!

but who knows what the future holds =] hopefully a payrise...... asif thats going to happen.

what about the tape thing that coats the tapes? and the bucket and belt? looks good but messy....... had much success selling them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    You'd be better off with a Tapetech Mudrunner. You see them occasionally on Ebay for around 300. No mess and easy to use. It's filled from a standard drywall pump which you'll need to fill your boxes.
    cheerz tony il have a look =] ever used the tapetech power assist boxes?

Thanks

what about the tape thing that coats the tapes? and the bucket and belt? looks good but messy....... had much success selling them?
    I've got one of them lying in the garage, only really used it on one job, 3.5m ceilings, all tower work and saved a good bit of time as opposed to hand taping internals. Don't use it in general as i use the auto taper. I've got a direct 3.5" flusher as well.

Thread Information