Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you work?

Season Ticket Holder scottishlad2k10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Either way you describe is fine to do these beads. If I have loads to do, I put them on with cement by hopper and roller, clean up and allow to dry, then coat up with one coat of joint filler 6-8 inches wide and finish with a coat of joint cement appx 10 inches wide. If I only have a few to do, it's joint filler by hand and coat up as I go, and cement to finish again. I won't use anything else now.
    USG B1 XW
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...g?t=1299968378

USG Beaded Flex
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...g?t=1299968501
    how wide are these tapes tony? look alot wider than the stuff we use?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottishlad2k10 View Post
    how wide are these tapes tony? look alot wider than the stuff we use?
    About 2 inches each side. They're good for when the boarding has been done by retards.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    About 2 inches each side. They're good for when the boarding has been done by retards.
    yeah i know what you mean by retards the pricks with overhangs..... and if its not overhangs its squiggly lines and short. does that stuff come on a roll? or in lenths?

Thanks

yeah i know what you mean by retards the pricks with overhangs..... and if its not overhangs its squiggly lines and short. does that stuff come on a roll? or in lenths?
    Box of 50, either 8' or 10' lengths

Thanks

ahhh!!!! so it must just be pure sh**e bags they are stocking when its setting off so quick??? & the info attached said 30mins - 1hour :S how much you paying a bag? its just under 15 a bag here crooks!!!! promix is 34.92 a bucket < hell of a price jump!
    For fast set I'm about 6.80 a bag+ vat and i think thats a rip off. 15 for fast set is just nightmare stuff but I suppose they got you by the short and curlies up there
    cos its not as if you can shop around. Which island you on, exactly?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post
    For fast set I'm about 6.80 a bag+ vat and i think thats a rip off. 15 for fast set is just nightmare stuff but I suppose they got you by the short and curlies up there
    cos its not as if you can shop around. Which island you on, exactly?

lewis

sorry its 13.88 a bag.......... prices have gone up again as i noticed today........ promix was 29.00 a bucket now 34.92 sandpaper the rectangle precut stuff for the pole was 4.88 now 6.75 a pack of 25 sheets. jesus wheres this crap going to stop.......?

job were doing justnow.......... the clients butcherd the walls while stripping the wallpaper and it had been paperd over the bare ceiling so all tapes came off too....... so its a nightmare skimming whole walls and ceilings in every room gone through about 8 buckets of promix so far........ as its the only stuff that takes & bonds to the painted surfaces NIGHTMARE!!!

i would try order a pallet at a time or something.......... but its the shelf life and the chance of it getting damp that puts me off same with the promix......

Thanks

i would try order a pallet at a time or something.......... but its the shelf life and the chance of it getting damp that puts me off same with the promix......
    I wouldn't worry about the shelf life on the promix, when its lying there sealed it shouldn't go off in any less than 4 months.
    Also if i were you i would try and price knauf easy sand lite as an alternative to promix. It trowels on really well, easier to sand and most of all its cheaper!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireTaper View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the shelf life on the promix, when its lying there sealed it shouldn't go off in any less than 4 months.
    Also if i were you i would try and price knauf easy sand lite as an alternative to promix. It trowels on really well, easier to sand and most of all its cheaper!

any idea of anyone who stocks the knauf? and the easiifill if thats what its called? isit bagged or premix?

Thanks

any idea of anyone who stocks the knauf? and the easiifill if thats what its called? isit bagged or premix?
    It's readymix, i get it form build centre, works out about 3.50 a tub less than promix

Thanks

Contractor I worked for got his Knauf from CCF Building Solutions in East Kilbride, but i not sure if they have any branches further north who may deliver to you.. Easy sand Lite is good stuff but knauf fast set is sh*te. There is a thread on Knauf on here somewhere so you can have a look at the comments

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post
    Contractor I worked for got his Knauf from CCF Building Solutions in East Kilbride, but i not sure if they have any branches further north who may deliver to you.. Easy sand Lite is good stuff but knauf fast set is sh*te. There is a thread on Knauf on here somewhere so you can have a look at the comments
    oh cheers for that il have a look later busy tryna string a deal with ayrshire taper on his two tubes........ but hes not having any of it offer the guy 100 for them and hes sayin 135 but am say naw so hes tryna flog me his super taper with them for 285 lol

its like going into a blackmans shop for something and hes tryna sell you the whole place lol

Thanks

oh cheers for that il have a look later busy tryna string a deal with ayrshire taper on his two tubes........ but hes not having any of it offer the guy 100 for them and hes sayin 135 but am say naw so hes tryna flog me his super taper with them for 285 lol

its like going into a blackmans shop for something and hes tryna sell you the whole place lol
    He who dares wins rodney

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireTaper View Post
    He who dares wins rodney
    lol its alright il win yet haha

Thread Information