Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Default No recession for me

drywallschool.com

I saw this thread at the ScottishBusinessForums, it was posted by Gordon Dow at the Power Lunch Club.

It's an in inspiring website that sticks two fingers up at this recession. You have two choices when you enter and should last around two minutes before having the chance to add your name to a petition while will 'apparently' be posted sometime in the Wall St Journal.

http://norecessionforme.us/
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I think theres no point in worrying about a recession cos you cant do anything about it and it will run its course whether you like it or not. Deal with it head on, and remember you can still influence those around you in your circle of friends, colleagues and work contacts to your advantage. A recession is indiscriminate and there will be many victims but if you want it bad enough, and work hard enough, you should make it through these tough times ahead. A motivational link, thanks. Good luck guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JPxTPxMP View Post
    I think theres no point in worrying about a recession cos you cant do anything about it and it will run its course whether you like it or not. Deal with it head on, and remember you can still influence those around you in your circle of friends, colleagues and work contacts to your advantage. A recession is indiscriminate and there will be many victims but if you want it bad enough, and work hard enough, you should make it through these tough times ahead. A motivational link, thanks. Good luck guys.
    So long as your not up to the eyeballs in debt with a bank, it will be much easier, otherwise they pretty much own your ass and can close you down whenver they like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hard to subscribe to this belief when all the newspapers and TV ram it down our throat that were f*cked for the next year or so. Im angry that the people who caused this recesion are still getting paid bonuses, go away on high falluting business trips and it makes no difference to there lifestyles whatsover. They can still afford a fancy car, mortgage,pay the bills and can put food on the table. If the banks and finance companies would start lending again, we would recover a lot quicker!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

The thing is though, who wants to borrow money at the moment? I know I don't!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Shall I just shut the f*ck up then and stop posting links to relevant articles? I'm also affected by this recession but I still try to remain positive.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thread Information