Thread: Fed up with companies taking the piss

Thanks

Default Fed up with companies taking the piss

turned up at work today expecting to get a start date for taping a job i priced few weeks ago (was for main contractor not painting contractor). got told that the contracts manager of the main contractor has sent 1 of his mates to do it and they were on there way to the job even though i was guaranteed the job asnd most of the work they had up this way. p***ed right off 2nd time this has happened in 6 months and only the 3rd job i had priced since starting up self employed!! so now i'm back struggling to find any taping work after thinking i was sorted for the next wee while!

p.s anyone looking for a young, reliable taper get in touch (own transport, machines etc) only looking for a small rate * CAN START IMMEDIATELY* haha

Thanks

yeah no prob get yourself down to yorkshire plenty of crap rates down here

Thanks

Heres another example of companies taking the piss.

A mate of mine travels the country as a painter with a shopfitting firm and is currently working in Cardiff on a labour only basis.

He started off working with a brush hand who helped him a lot, and the contractor paid both of them seperately. He taped a party wall for free as a goodwill gesture and now finds himself taping whole shop fronts getting nothing in return... and has now lost his extra pair of hands.... while working for the same rates as before. This results in every job lasting 3 or 4 days longer, away from home, with fuel costs and digs to pay.

The sad thing about this is, it is a take it or leave it offer and he knows if he raps it in, the contractor will easily find somebody else to manipulate.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JDM-amestaping View Post
    so now i'm back struggling to find any taping work after thinking i was sorted for the next wee while!
    In the last 2 years I've had no more than a months guaranteed work in front of me and I still get at least one call or email a day from tapers looking for work. The building trades a long way off from getting back to how it was, and from experience Ive come to expect some backstabbing, pricecutting and people not being true to their word.

Not that I hold them responsible - That blame lies with the banks and governments who caused this crash.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amestaper View Post
    In the last 2 years I've had no more than a months guaranteed work in front of me and I still get at least one call or email a day from tapers looking for work. The building trades a long way off from getting back to how it was, and from experience Ive come to expect some backstabbing, pricecutting and people not being true to their word.

Not that I hold them responsible - That blame lies with the banks and governments who caused this crash.
    very true

Thread Information