Thread: Cutting blades

Thanks

Default Cutting blades

Can anyone suggest where I could buy long life stainless steel cutting blades for the taping gun? (if there is such a thing)
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

Angry stainless auto taper blades

Well upon serching for "pyramid blade stainless" i did find this link, which indicates someone is trying to get some made..

http://www.mfg.com/profiles/Special-...ed-States.html

but after trolling for half an hour. nope, can't track em down. not sure how they expect to sell that 100 000 per annum.
    Plumb and Level are the framer's perogative ...I can give you flat and straight... www.lightrocktaping.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lightrock View Post
    but after trolling for half an hour. nope, can't track em down. not sure how they expect to sell that 100 000 per annum.
    Maybe not this year seeing as everyones taping tools appear to be lying around doing nothing...

Thanks mate, I looked around too and couldn't find anything better than I use at the moment.
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Senile Old Bastard the_tapeinator's Avatar
    Thanks

The one sided blades from years back lasted longer than these newer ones. I wouldnt know where to buy those either now.
    Jesus loves you........ everyone else thinks you're an arsehole.

Thanks

yeah those new blades are crap they dont last 5mins would be a great idea to have stainless.

Thanks

what are you cutting? I have used about 5 blades in the last 4 years. I do clean it regularly and oil it every morning
    Pyramid Tape-tech blades work better in my auto taper than the one sided blades that Blue line 2 sells as replacements (and in fact they come with pyramids blades from the factory) I find the pyramid blades still cut through even with a scrap or two of paper caught in the cutter track, while the sloped blade fail to cut through if anything gets caught. If you do want those, they can be got from Blueline USA.
    Plumb and Level are the framer's perogative ...I can give you flat and straight... www.lightrocktaping.com

Thanks

I have a pile of 20 or so spare blades, one lasts around 6 - 8 weeks if kept clean and oiled regularly, they last around 2 if left in a bucket of water overnight. I just wanted to see if there were any better ones on the market so thanks for looking around guys.

I do remember the one sided blades from way back, there were no double paper cuts but my taping gun used to do more jamming than Bob Marley.

Thanks

Its the old catch 22 situation -

The original blades where normal steel so they where harder and stayed sharper for longer, but the rusted so where prone to rust thus making the dull quicker.

About 2 years ago the blades where changed to Stainless Steel so they didn't rust but Stainless is softer so they blunt.

So guys I guess the question is - do you want the old steel type? if so and I can lay my hands on them I will get them in. If not I have got Stainless ones.

david
    David
    NO1 for TapeTech Taping tools
    www.thetapingstore.com

Thanks

Angry new or old blades

hi i did prefer the old style cutting blades but am used to the new ones now but they do last so so much longer if the taper is cleaned and oiled daily been jointing for 29yrs now and it seems harder to earn the money like we used to...........gary.......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Taping Store View Post
    Its the old catch 22 situation -

The original blades where normal steel so they where harder and stayed sharper for longer, but the rusted so where prone to rust thus making the dull quicker.

About 2 years ago the blades where changed to Stainless Steel so they didn't rust but Stainless is softer so they blunt.

So guys I guess the question is - do you want the old steel type? if so and I can lay my hands on them I will get them in. If not I have got Stainless ones.

david
    David, how much for a pack of 10 pyramid blades? couldn't find them on your website.
    "YOUR PRIUS JUST SAVED ALL THE PETROL MY MUSTANG USED!"

Thread Information