Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: finishing jobs other people start.......

Thanks

I think we all get them from time to time..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by moore; 28-09-2011 at 02:36 AM.

Season Ticket Holder scottishlad2k10's Avatar
    Thanks

its no bad :L something to moan about lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    You done someone a huge favor... Looks great!
    You did do them a favour Scottishlad but I bet you didnt get any more thanks for it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post
    You did do them a favour Scottishlad but I bet you didnt get any more thanks for it
    to be honest E.K i dont think you get thanks for anything these days.expected to go there work in crap messy conditions for pretty crap money....do the work get the money and thats it. slave away all the time to hit the deadlines as other trades take longer than they should,then all the presure is on the guy/s finishing which is the most important part and far more time consuming. but some morons dont realise that.

its a bit like asking someone for a favour. they wont do it unless theres something in it for them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to scottishlad2k10 For This Useful Post:

Beermonster (30-09-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottishlad2k10 View Post
    to be honest E.K i dont think you get thanks for anything these days.expected to go there work in crap messy conditions for pretty crap money....do the work get the money and thats it. slave away all the time to hit the deadlines as other trades take longer than they should,then all the presure is on the guy/s finishing which is the most important part and far more time consuming. but some morons dont realise that.

its a bit like asking someone for a favour. they wont do it unless theres something in it for them.

AH MEN ... I'm on a new home now ,,Nice easy running job. 9'-11' ceilings but got good price,,and making good time so far.
    BUT today the builder said the hardwood floors are coming tomorrow . He asked If I could have half the house done by Monday
    so his men can start on the floors...no problem with me I can give him his half monday .,, but they will still be in my way while I'm
    working on the other side.. The sparky/plumber held this job up for 4 weeks ,,so now I have to pay the price.
    with rain and humidity the dry time Is not helping either ..

I don't play well with others,, I like to have my homes to myself..I get more done..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to moore For This Useful Post:

Beermonster (30-09-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottishlad2k10 View Post

Getting paid is thanks enough for me, and being called upon to do their next job too, it's business

But I also get what your saying too, nothing worse than someone trying to put their size ten boot up your arse, when you on consignment work.

But sometimes I can get where the builders coming from too. There's a lot of wanna bees and guys that suck in this trade. You can see one crew rock and tape out a house in under ten days, then another take over a month to get the same house done. Then I don't even half to get into quality. Plus there's not too much that can get done on a house while the taping is going on. But once the taping is done, they can crank up the production and have multiple trades in the house. Plus over on this side of the pond, when the taping is done, the builder can get his 2nd draw of money from the bank, meaning money in their pocket so.......

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2buck View Post
    Getting paid is thanks enough for me, and being called upon to do their next job too, it's business

But I also get what your saying too, nothing worse than someone trying to put their size ten boot up your arse, when you on consignment work.

But sometimes I can get where the builders coming from too. There's a lot of wanna bees and guys that suck in this trade. You can see one crew rock and tape out a house in under ten days, then another take over a month to get the same house done. Then I don't even half to get into quality. Plus there's not too much that can get done on a house while the taping is going on. But once the taping is done, they can crank up the production and have multiple trades in the house. Plus over on this side of the pond, when the taping is done, the builder can get his 2nd draw of money from the bank, meaning money in their pocket so.......
    Its a bit the same over here,after the taper is finished they claim some more cash from home owner!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beermonster View Post
    Its a bit the same over here,after the taper is finished they claim some more cash from home owner!!

yeah your right! they get paid in completion stages. or stages of completion.

Thanks

In my neck of the woods the builder gets his 2nd draw after the wallboard has been installed[hung] so they want the gibbers there when the boom shows up..

Thanks

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
    Plus one on that, you can't work in that
    man, i would of thrown all my toys out of the pram !!, then when calmed down if they dont move it i would by chucking it all out the door, or drop shit all over it!!!!!! that normally does the trick!! lol !
    & they wonder why the tapers are grumpy!!!

Thread Information