Thread: Worth A Look.

Thanks

Default Worth A Look.

I popped into my local Minsters today for a few sheets of plasterboard and while I was waiting to be loaded, noticed several pallets of BG Joint Filler, Joint Cement and Drywall Adhesive in a compound by the door. It was all just out of date. I asked about it and apparently, they cannot sell it to other retailers, but they can sell it to contractors at a reduced price. I don't know that I would want to buy too much out of date Joint Filler, but the Cement would be fine to use. If they don't get rid of it, they have to pay BG to return it or get charged 80 a to ton to dump it in landfill. At first, the salesman wanted 15 a bag for the Cement and a fiver for the Filler. I told him I only pay 14 for Cement anyway, so he reduced it to a tenner a bag. I didn't ask any more about the Filler. I'm not doing a lot of jointing at the moment, but i'm going to fill my van with Cement, the next time i'm down that way. It might be worth having a look next time you are in your merchants to see what they have.

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks

Exeter Tony?
    Thats been got in for MJs tapers.
    The other week they had a pallet of Hardwall going out of date outside the gate........ sign said free to good home
    Last edited by Brian S; 27-06-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks

Truro mate

Thanks

About three months ago went into a local merchants (dont want to say where in case it gets anybody into trouble) and started chatting and walked out with 1 full pallet of knauf filler and 1 pallet of knauf joint cement out of date all for free, I know a lot of us said we would not use this even if they were giving it away but all changes when they are. It was out of date and they normally take it down to the local college for training but it was fine to use especially when times are hard.

Thread Information