Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacancies page

Thanks

Default Vacancies page

hi, is there a vacancies page on here and how do you access it? thanks.

Thanks

Yes but you need a certain amount of posts before you can access it. Not sure how many it is now. PM alex, he'll tell you.

Thanks

ah right, thanks. anyone put in the direction of any taping work in mcr area or the NW. Looks like all the jobs in the pipeline for firm i work for are all skim only. any help chaps?

thanks.

Thanks

Its 30 posts mate. This seemed to be the fairest way to stop folks who never posted anything from browsing the job feeds, but gives regular site members first refusal. I know its not ideal but this system needs zero maintenance from me and stops search engines or anyone whos just registered from seeing a job vacancy before a member whos been here 2 years.

Everyone was invited to vote and had their say, so hope you understand.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

ok mate, no worries. i suppose i better start posting then!

Thanks

I think ya should mate.......... is things quiet on the taping front in your neck of the woods also?

Thanks

I don't have a magic formula for getting members to take part instead of being onlookers, so I'm also considering revoking private area access for members who have posted 30 times then stopped. It may end up invite only for a small group of core members who regularly log in and create good content, active signature links could also be removed for inactive members.

... just so you know!

Despite what my signature said about the 20 note, I am approachable and feedback, comments or abuse can be left here;

http://www.tapingandjointing.com/for...is-site-better
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post
    I think ya should mate.......... is things quiet on the taping front in your neck of the woods also?

Just back from America and things there are even worse than here. There was some work being done at our hotel so had a word with tapers and the painters, they were taking jobs in Walgreens and other supermarkets etc at weekends, seems the building trade the world over is f*cked.

Thanks

Some areas just seem more active than others mate. I reckon Scotland didnt feel the brunt of the recession until after England but they seem to be recovering quicker. I would like to think we've seen the worst and things are beginning to recover, but I don't. I dropped out of working sites a while back and did ok doing custom jobs for contractors and domestic work for a while, but now home owners are being squeezed and penny pinching so the renovation market seems to be drying up too.

Property prices were artificially high in this country for many years and a correction in prices was long overdue. Maybe the happy days we all had 4 or 5 years ago were as good as it gets? What will the trade be like in 5 years time and how many school leavers will want to become apprentices?

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks

Site work here is crap, lad I know hasn't had anything for over a fortnight, (boarding and Metal)

Alex there's not many apprenticeships nowadays anyway, in future I doubt there will be any.
    I think "Trainees" will be encouraged to take themselves to College (at their own expense) before they are given some menial task low paid position called "Improver" or some such

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post

yes mate and it doesn't help that ive lost most of my contact numbers as well

to be fair, the firm i'm working for have found us bits of work... bulkheads etc and plenty of patching work but getting a bit fed up of it. im just not sure whether it would be wise to jump ship or not as, like they say - the grass isn't always greener

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mancman View Post
    im just not sure whether it would be wise to jump ship or not as, like they say - the grass isn't always greener
    I would stay where I was until I had a better offer. Why jump when all the donkey work is already done by someone who is employing you? I spend at least one day (unpaid) every week just trying to find my jobs and am lucky to secure 1 in 10 because of the silly price wars going on.

Do I wish I had stuck in at school and started a sensible career with a gold plated pension? Until 3 years ago I would have said 'not a chance'... but times have changed. If I knew then what I know now that so many construction companies would be bankrupt, millions out of work and a few pay cheques from being out in the street, I would have got out of this game because we're already 2 years past where I thought the low point would be.

Some tradespeople I know can bust their arse all week and if they're lucky, manage to break even. Unfortunately, this is just not good enough to keep my enthusiasm anymore.

Thanks

hi lads im new here but i like the site
    I hope it's a right place to found work in oxford area
    I do Taping & Jointing also painting as well
    PM me if u need help Tnx

Thanks

No It's not like It was In the boom that should have never existed ..An even keel would of done nicely ,,but congress said no.. lend.lend.lend... I saw It first hand ..young couples with little income building homes I ,,AND the bank knew they could not afford ,,, BUT I myself have stayed busy ,,and so have other tapers I know [ the good ones] The jack legs are out...
    gone.... When housing gets back to a norm ..the good ones will have plenty ...IMO we won't see another boom like this last one for another 25 years.. by then I'll be 70 something so I'll be happy working steady ,,and keeping the lights on.. and the other lights in the cooler..

Call me bubble boy,,, but I really don't see how things are that bad here housing wise...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to moore For This Useful Post:

amestaper (19-09-2011)

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Yea things r not lookin the best
    But i had 2 turn down three houses last week cause they cant wait!!!!
    Whats all that about do they think we sit at home waiting for the phone 2 go? Then the houses u r doing r major rush job as the builder is behind and needin done fast!!(Not my F**kin fault)If they cant do thier job right then expect me 2 kick my butt in so they look goodAnd i lose a few more 's cause they cant wait a couple of weeks!!!
    But on a good note lets hope next year gets better

Thanks

Am from liverpool an done alot of work around manchester an its been dead last. ive been lucky enough to have kept ticking over but just on firetaping an snaggin plasterers work.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, Stevie G

Thanks

Thanks alot. great to be part of this site.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steven gorton View Post
    Thanks alot. great to be part of this site.
    Welcome lad!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steven gorton View Post
    Am from liverpool an done alot of work around manchester an its been dead last. ive been lucky enough to have kept ticking over but just on firetaping an snaggin plasterers work.

for mansell finishes by any chance?

Thread Information