Thread: Snapped the cable

Thanks

Default Snapped the cable

How do I change the main cable inside a tapetech tube? We dont use it much, our dryliner has gone and I have never had to swap one over before. There is a spare cable inside? is that right? Thanks

Thanks

It should take around 10 minutes to fix. It's only ever happened to us when the mud is mixed too thick so it should be a runnier consistancy than a usual boxing mix. I don't know the proper part names, but will try my best to give a good explanation instead.

You have to remove part 120 as shown in the pdf attachment, this is the rectangular plate on the taper head held in place with 4 screws. Once this is done, you should see one end of the cable held tight with a retaining screw, give it a wee turn so it loosens. If you don't see the cable, don't worry as it means the cable has slipped out and come loose rather than breaking. Once this end has been removed, turn the taper upside down and remove the ring around the bottom of the tube held in place with several screws.

Depending on where the plunger was when the cable broke you will have to flush it out of the bottom end with high pressure water or I prefer to use a long stick. There may, or may not be a spare cable wrapped around the plunger.

This is a good time to give the inside of the tube a good wash out and replace the spare cable if you have to.

Attach one end to the plunger with the rubber seal using the various nuts and bolts, drop the other end up the inside of the tube, re-attach to the cog and screw it tight again to stop it slipping. Wind the cable up, give it a good dose of oil (not WD40) and if it works OK screw the plate back on.

Good luck, it should be as good as new. If you have any more problems, don't be afraid to ask.

Download the Tapetech head schematics here
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

Johnk

Well done Ames great answer!

Johnk - if you get any problems give me a call on 07854 795 225 and Ill talk you through it

David
    David
    NO1 for TapeTech Taping tools
    www.thetapingstore.com

Thread Information